• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member, Long time Meg User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, Long time Meg User

Hello all, I’m a new member and long time Meg user since the early ‘90’s. I first started with the Deep Crystal products, switched to NXT 2.0 (which was great when it first came out for ease of use and removal (wax)), then used Liquid Gold.

My my current routine is to clay (and polish as needed) 1-2 times per year and wash a vehicle every two weeks (have two vehicles, so I’m washing one per week). With one wash, I’ll do the interior then for the next wash, I’ll finish the vehicle with HCW and top the HCW with UFF. This routine lets me do the interior and exterior sealing 1 x per month and this takes about 1.5 hours each weekend on a full size truck and SUV . The reason I use UFF as an LSP is the HCW does not have a cure time, so I can go straight to the UFF and let that cure on top the HCW. (As an FYI, both vehicles are daily drivers, parked outside in the Texas heat and under an oak tree.)

To apply the HCW, I put 2-3 oz. in a dedicated foam cannon and fill the rest of the bottle with water. I spray the entire vehicle and get good coverage using the foam cannon. Also, I use the entire foam cannon’s bottle contents, so I’m only using 2-3 oz. of HCW per application and not over applying the product. (And in case anyone was wondering, no, the HCW does not foam.) After applying the HCW, I rinse it off using a pressure washer, blow dry (with a leaf blower) and a light towel dry before applying the UFF. I get about 3 weeks of water beading with this method. Also, since going with the routine of using the HCW and UFF every two weeks, I might not need to clay (and polish) this Fall. The surfaces of both vehicles are still very smooth after washing.

I joined the site to learn more and to see if there was anything that could be improved with my routine. I’ve read on this site where HCW is recommend as the LSP, (i.e., on top of UFF), but then I’ll need to wait for the UFF to cure before applying HCW. The routine is working for me and the exterior (and interior) of both vehicles looks great (for daily drivers).
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');