• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Question about using Liquid wax after using Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Question about using Liquid wax after using Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax.

Hello I'm a follower of Larry from AMMONYC some of y'all more than likely heard of him.

So my question is regarding Liquid wax after using Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax
    I follow Larry's routine of maintaining paint which is essentially is adding layers of protection.

I always use MEGUIAR'S D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax as my Quik Detailer for anything i need say remove bird droppings or light debris. So with this being said i use polish and use QuikWax as a lubricate to remove the polish. My question is after removing it with Quikwax and going to the next step of using Ultimate Liquid wax will the Quikwax spray that is on the vehicle inhibit the Liquid wax from bonding to the vehicle's paint?

I'm battling this cause im hoping it wont since it's no different than Using Ultimate Wash and Wax. But I'm assuming people would want to wax their car would not use this wash or they would of used a Clay bar or polish prior to Waxing their vehicle.

Products used in this Question

MEGUIAR'S D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
    Meguiar's Ulimate Paste Wax

Re: Hello Question about using Liquid wax after using Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax.

Chris
    Possibly it is just wording, yet some of this is confusing.

===
    "I always use MEGUIAR'S D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax as my Quik Detailer for anything i need say remove bird droppings or light debris".

Why would you use a spray wax to "clean" paint?

Would it be better to use a product designed to help encapsulate the sharp edges of the grit in the droppings or the sharp edges of the light debris on the paint?
    I would use Meguiar's Ultimate
    Waterless Wash and Wax (G3626) or Meguiar's Rinse Free Express Wash and Wax (D115 diluted 4:1).

===
    "
    But I'm assuming people would want to wax their car would not use this wash or they would of used a Clay bar or polish prior to Waxing their vehicle."

Personally, I would never want to use clay on paint that had not been cleaned of above surface contaminants.
    Rather than inflict scratches into the paint from the above surface contaminants clinging to the clay and then cutting into the paint .

Comment

Re: Hello Question about using Liquid wax after using Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax.

Chris, These are the two spray products that I mentioned.
      D115 is a concentrate that is diluted before use and then placed into a spray bottle.
      Specifically formulated to be used as an alternative to traditional washing on light to moderate dirty vehicles.
      Specifically formulated to be used as an alternative to traditional washing on light to moderate dirty vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrefaei1 View Post
        Hello I'm a follower of Larry from AMMONYC some of y'all more than likely heard of him.

So my question is regarding Liquid wax after using Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax
        I follow Larry's routine of maintaining paint which is essentially is adding layers of protection.

I always use MEGUIAR'S D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax as my Quik Detailer for anything i need say remove bird droppings or light debris. So with this being said i use polish and use QuikWax as a lubricate to remove the polish. My question is after removing it with Quikwax and going to the next step of using Ultimate Liquid wax will the Quikwax spray that is on the vehicle inhibit the Liquid wax from bonding to the vehicle's paint?

I'm battling this cause im hoping it wont since it's no different than Using Ultimate Wash and Wax. But I'm assuming people would want to wax their car would not use this wash or they would of used a Clay bar or polish prior to Waxing their vehicle.

Products used in this Question

MEGUIAR'S D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
        Meguiar's Ulimate Paste Wax
        The layers upon layers is a bit over exaggerated in my opinion. Today's products are more durable than in the past and Meguiar's products are good at that. So don't get sucked into the thought process that I have to put this on top of this on top of this. There is this thing we refer to as the law of diminishing returns. With that being said, ultimate quik wax has no cleaning ability whatsoever. So to remove those bird droppings a waterless wash as pictured up above would be the safer route. Both products will leave a little protection behind. A quick detailer also works but for a more soiled surface a waterless wash would be the better choice.

Lets get to the question about polishing. You do not need to use a quick wax to remove the polish. Polishes in general are designed to be wiped off easy. Especially a consumer grade product like ultimate polish. Also the quick wax will negate the longevity of the product that is applied over it. The quick wax is more durable than you think.

On to the topic of claying. Claying is going to induce some marring. To remove it a polish or cleaner wax will be the way to do so. So only clay when needed. It is going to be dependent on the surrounding environment that vehicle is exposed to.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Hello sorry for the confusion what I was asking about the quik wax is if its applied to the paint prior to applying Liquid wax would the barrier of the spray wax cause the liquid wax to not be able to attach to the vehicle's paint?

The part about claying was a hypothetical question. "I'm battling this cause im hoping it wont since it's no different than Using Ultimate Wash and Wax. But I'm assuming people would want to wax their car would not use this wash or they would of used a Clay bar or polish prior to Waxing their vehicle." I was essentially comparing the spray wax to the idea that a person who were about to wax their car would more than not likely not use a wash with a small amount wax in since they were going to do their step like polish, clay or other forms of paint prep

Like what was stated before about the ultimate detailer i used that till i started to use the X-Press Wax has my "lubricate" i figured it captures the debris and also leaves more "protection" than the Ultimate Detailer. In other words if its removes debris and applying a little more protection why not?

Comment

Hello sorry for the confusion what I was asking about the quik wax is if its applied to the paint prior to applying Liquid wax would the barrier of the spray wax cause the liquid wax to not be able to attach to the vehicle's paint?
            The answer to this is possible. But at the same time it is probably such a minute thing to think about.

The part about claying was a hypothetical question. "I'm battling this cause im hoping it wont since it's no different than Using Ultimate Wash and Wax. But I'm assuming people would want to wax their car would not use this wash or they would of used a Clay bar or polish prior to Waxing their vehicle." I was essentially comparing the spray wax to the idea that a person who were about to wax their car would more than not likely not use a wash with a small amount wax in since they were going to do their step like polish, clay or other forms of paint prep
            The wax in the shampoo is not designed to be a durable form of protection. It is there mostly to give you the waxed look. So waxing after a wash won't be an issue. Even waxing after using UQW won't be an issue.

The wax in ultimate waterless wash is more durable but if one is going to clay and polish then again it is not an issue as the wax will be removed. One would more than likely be ok waxing over waterless wash.

Like what was stated before about the ultimate detailer i used that till i started to use the X-Press Wax has my "lubricate" i figured it captures the debris and also leaves more "protection" than the Ultimate Detailer. In other words if its removes debris and applying a little more protection why not?
            As mentioned UQW has no cleaning ability. Lubrication and protection yes. UQD has protection and a light cleaning ability. Waterless wash has the best cleaning ability while encapsulating dirt and dust particles better as well as leaving protection behind. It is the much safer approach to cleaning.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              The answer to this is possible. But at the same time it is probably such a minute thing to think about.

The wax in the shampoo is not designed to be a durable form of protection. It is there mostly to give you the waxed look. So waxing after a wash won't be an issue. Even waxing after using UQW won't be an issue.

The wax in ultimate waterless wash is more durable but if one is going to clay and polish then again it is not an issue as the wax will be removed. One would more than likely be ok waxing over waterless wash.

As mentioned UQW has no cleaning ability. Lubrication and protection yes. UQD has protection and a light cleaning ability. Waterless wash has the best cleaning ability while encapsulating dirt and dust particles better as well as leaving protection behind. It is the much safer approach to cleaning.
              Thank you very much had a question answered and you got me sold on the waterless wash and wax.

Comment

Chris
                Don't feel that I (and likely The Guz) are encouraging you to not follow Larry Kosilla.

I really don't know his products enough to know what makes them up.
                Yet I do remember when watching the first time, thinking that I would use a waterless wash instead for the extra protection when cleaning debris over what I think of when I hear the term spray wax.

In fact, I previously shared his bird poop video on this Forum and with relatives and friends.
                I think his video has value in how he approaches a sticky subject.
                It accomplishes a lot by encouraging a car owner to act quickly to remove the stuff before it damages the clear coat.
                If I was a professional detailer, I might make it mandatory watching for selected customers, to help protect their paint.
                Here it is for those who have not yet viewed it.

Comment

There is a possibility that the carrier solvents in Ultimate Liquid Wax might destabilize the Quik Wax.

Personally, I'd go over the paint with Ultimate Polish with a finishing pad (I usually use the red Buff and Shine), and a Porter Cable on a low speed setting for a pass or two. As Jason Rose says: "on the lowest speed I can achieve rotation". For me that is speed 1, but I use speed 2 to make myself feel better about applying the ULW at speed 1 with the same pad.

I use fairly light pressure, and only a pass or two for the Ultimate Polish. Just enough to work the old protectant off, and bring up the gloss.

It's weird. I used to always polish on speed 5 or 6 back a few years ago. These non-diminishing abrasives have allowed for so much flexibility in my compounding and polishing routine..

Anyways... I personally prefer to apply my base layer of protection to previously un-protected paint. Even better when I can use the synergy between the Ultimate Polish and whatever Meguiar's protection product I choose to use.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');