• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Meguiars User Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Meguiars User Report

Well I finally finished my first full out paint detailing to my satisfaction, as per what I have learned at this website. Only Meguiars products used < NXT Generation Car Wash, Professional Detailing Clay (mild) with Quick Detailer, ScratchX, No. 7 Show Car Glaze, Gold Class Wax 2 coats & finally top coated with Mirror Glaze No. 16 Professional Paste Wax. I also used a pile of foam applicators and cotton terry and microfiber car towels. Yes I also studied the competition but decided that all I needed was right here at Meguiars.

The result is outstanding, amazing, beautiful glossy mirror effect with sharp reflected images on my silver metal flake 98 DeVille. Whoo hoo !

I don't have the equipment to uploads pics, certainly wish I could. But how's this for results. Two people who saw my car today seriously asked me if they can hire me to do their vehicles. July 25 is my 49th B-day and the wife approved me getting a Porter-Cable orbital polisher as my present. Then I will enjoy myself and pay for my new detailing 'habit' by doing a few friends cars. Mequiars products and the how to use em' knowledge available here will produce very pleasing results. Up until about 2 weeks ago this noob was using Dawn dishsoap and whatever wax was cheap, misguided and wandering blind down the detailing path. Now thanks to spending mega hours reading all over this site and asking a couple questions... I have finally seen the LIGHT ! And its reflecting like wild all over my car.
    Last edited by Pschrink; Jun 29, 2005, 03:37 PM.
    It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to detail all of it.

Re: Happy Meguiar's User Report

Originally posted by Pschrink
    Yes I also studied the competition but decided that all I needed was right here at Meguiar's.

Meguiar's products and the how to use em' knowledge available here will produce very pleasing results.

Up until about 2 weeks ago this noob was using Dawn dishsoap and whatever wax was cheap, misguided and wandering blind down the detailing path.

Now thanks to spending mega hours reading all over this site and asking a couple questions... I have finally seen the LIGHT ! And its reflecting like wild all over my car.
    We love reading testimonies like this! Thanks for sharing this with the forum and you're going to love your dual action polisher!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That's very good to hear, both what a good job you did and the fact you understand what looking after the car is all about.
      Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Re: Happy Meguiars User Report

Then I will enjoy myself and pay for my new detailing 'habit' by doing a few friends cars.
        I've put a lot of money into Meguiars' products over the last 16 years or so, but the money that I've made on the side has more than paid for my purchases many times over.

Anybody that is healthy, and is learning from this forum could possibly do this for a living, if they had enough drive to do it.
        Last edited by rusty bumper; Jun 29, 2005, 08:43 PM.
        r. b.

Comment

Re: Happy Meguiars User Report

the wife approved me getting a Porter-Cable orbital polisher as my present
          isn't always something that we have to get the old ladies "approval" or "permission" at times, otherwise we'll (us guys) never hear the end of it! bwahahaha

p.s. happy upcoming 49th b-day!
          Last edited by imacarnut; Jun 29, 2005, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Happy Meguiars User Report

Originally posted by rcknit
            isn't always something that we have to get the old ladies "approval" or "permission" at times, otherwise we'll (us guys) never hear the end of it! bwahahaha

& thanks! Wifey isn't big on buying tools but the idea of me making a lil' extra jingle won her over.
            It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to detail all of it.

Comment

Re: Re: Happy Meguiars User Report

Originally posted by rcknit

We always have to get approval from "Household Six"!!!
              Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');