• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiar's M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster

Originally posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Any idea when this will be released?
    My supplier is estimating 4/10/20.

Comment

If this was used after each wash (weekly/bi weekly) would a foundation of M27 be a waste or would it be better to have the M27?

Thanks
      Not at all. Spray products are not always as durable as a liquid product.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          Not at all. Spray products are not always as durable as a liquid product.
          Ok, thanks!
          I just wasn't sure if using so often would make up for not using m27? I was hoping to use up some ultimate polish and ultimate wax and a AIO for a base and maintain/top with the m799

Comment

Ok, thanks!
            I just wasn't sure if using so often would make up for not using m27? I was hoping to use up some ultimate polish and ultimate wax and a AIO for a base and maintain/top with the m799
            You certainly can use it over an AIO or ultimate wax. Give it a shot. You also have access to the hybrid ceramic detailer locally which will accomplish the same thing.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Winn View Post
              Hi 2018 z71,

M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster's gloss is great! Similar gloss to our D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax.

Sweet! D156 is probably my favorite single paint detailing product. Just a very large return on investment of time/effort. How does M799 compare to HCW (spray)?
              2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

So i just ordered a gallon jug of this rather expensive M799. After using M27 i've now decided to make M27 as my new main goto LSP.... Really enjoyed using it. So I'm trying to say to myself... Ceramic with ceramic was the need. I'm assuming its going to work better than D156, being you're marrying ceramic to ceramic... D156 is typically something i was using on a weekly basis, as a top up to a typically more traditional wax / sealant that's always applied on a monthly basis. Normally, HLCW, ULW, Fast Finish or sometimes, dare i say it a competitor's product ! I can't ever see myself going down the M788 route. Because i'm someone who enjoys detailing. So no, i'm not going to ever put on a full on ceramic coating. I already have something called a clear coat that gets properly protected..

So tell me, this stuff is probably around the same price as the hybrid Ceramic Detailer, if i went retail and picked 5 of em up. A first for Meguiars. Also as a straight up spray on RTU detailer, its more expensive than well anything else on the market. P&S BM, your own D156 as good examples.

Make me feel better about my purchase.. What makes this worth the extra price tag. Probably questions i should of asked, prior to buying it. But you know how it goes... that need !! You guys always have impressed with your new products, so that was good enough reason to just go for it. Plus for some reason, i just enjoy trying out new car cleaning products !

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
                  Does anyone know if the 32oz size is available yet? My supplier does not have this in 1 gallon or 32 ounce size yet.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by 510GUY View Post
                    Does anyone know if the 32oz size is available yet? My supplier does not have this in 1 gallon or 32 ounce size yet.

Thanks,
                    Detailed Image has the 128 oz jug in stock now. The 32 oz spray bottle has been pushed back to 5/26. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
                      So i just ordered a gallon jug of this rather expensive M799. After using M27 i've now decided to make M27 as my new main goto LSP.... Really enjoyed using it. So I'm trying to say to myself... Ceramic with ceramic was the need. I'm assuming its going to work better than D156, being you're marrying ceramic to ceramic... D156 is typically something i was using on a weekly basis, as a top up to a typically more traditional wax / sealant that's always applied on a monthly basis. Normally, HLCW, ULW, Fast Finish or sometimes, dare i say it a competitor's product ! I can't ever see myself going down the M788 route. Because i'm someone who enjoys detailing. So no, i'm not going to ever put on a full on ceramic coating. I already have something called a clear coat that gets properly protected..

So tell me, this stuff is probably around the same price as the hybrid Ceramic Detailer, if i went retail and picked 5 of em up. A first for Meguiars. Also as a straight up spray on RTU detailer, its more expensive than well anything else on the market. P&S BM, your own D156 as good examples.

Make me feel better about my purchase.. What makes this worth the extra price tag. Probably questions i should of asked, prior to buying it. But you know how it goes... that need !! You guys always have impressed with your new products, so that was good enough reason to just go for it. Plus for some reason, i just enjoy trying out new car cleaning products !
                      Your comment is spot on for me, I can't see myself going with the M788 actual ceramic coating either cause I actually like to clean and play around with products too often. So I've also went with M27 as the primary protection on all my cars.

Regarding the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer, I have a few bottles and love that stuff. I use it purely as a quick detailer to remove dust and not as a standalone sealant.

I just ordered this Bead Booster but not to use as a detailer, but curious on how well it works as a stand alone. I clean my family's cars sometimes and will be using this as a once or every other month topper on their cars. If it even remotely lasts 3 months that'll be amazing for me. We'll see

Comment

So this weekend, with my new M799, i tried full strength and also 3 parts M799 to 1 part distilled water and sad to say, i really struggled with this product. It was used in low humidity in a garage at temps of around 85 on a pearl black 2018 VW, which was washed using a waterless D114 at 1:128 dilution. This SUV has been garaged for the most part, apart from short hops to the grocery store. So it had only a light dusting of pollen. It was pretty clean. I chose D114 over D115 (my typical favorite waterless) because A.\ it wasn't dirty enough to warrant a getting the hose or foam cannon out for, and B.\ i was going to M799 it, so I didn't want the additional wax in D115 to interfere with the application. Not to mention that 2 weeks ago, I went over to the darkside and went all out buying and applying some Turtle Wax ‘Black’ Acrylic Ceramic polish and wax. (hey who can blame me, I have two black auto’s I clean on a weekly basis).. As part of that detail, I went the full hog, and i did a full M1801 decon, a clay (with last touch 50:50 as my lube) and did my polishing using the new TW black acrylic ceramic polish, along with an orange Lake Country pad using my megs MT300. I opted for the Lake Country pad over the amazing Meguiars MF system because i knew the TW black ceramic polish would stain up my Megs MF pads, which I wanted to avoid... I found this lake country/TW polish to be nowhere near as good as using the Megs MF Compound and MF correction pads. That combo really does an amazing job. I don't know why i bothered trying something else, other than to say to myself, at least i tried something meant for black cars ! Anyway, the car really didn't need a polish. Maybe it had some very light hairline scratches, but this car has never seen an automatic wash or anyone else wash it, and i'm very particular about my cleaning regiment so the paint is always in either A or A+ condition. Also worth mentioning is between polish and wax i did use your new M122 Surface Prep, to get the paint as ready as possible before the final TW ceramic black LSP. i did question this to myself, why am I doing the M122? Ok typically you’re supposed too, however as this new TW ceramic polish claims to include protection. why am i removing it before applying the spray ceramic wax?? i'm only going on so much about this because i'm wondering if this detail less than two weeks ago, is the reason i had so much trouble using M799.

Re M799, I thought i could perhaps use it as a replacement for Fast Finish at full strength, in that i spritz up a MF pad, get around the car, then use a Supreme shine MF to buff off any residue to a deep black gloss. I'll be honest, i have so many LSP's, carnauba waxes, sealants, paint protectant this paint protectant that. All normally do a good job, and leave the cars looking deep black.. Some streak a little, some are a pain to buff off, some are so easy it's a joy, that I question why do I keep wanting to try different products????...
                        What can I say, I like trying out different detailing products. Last week I was really excited about using M27 for the first time, on my other black pearl VW gti, again A+ condition. it was possibly one of the easiest products i've ever worked with. However M799, was as grippy and streaky as they come! I thought at first is perhaps because i allowed it to flash dry on the paintwork, before wiping it off. So then i thought ok, maybe i'll re-do half the hood using my 3:1 mixture.. Directly onto the paint and immediately wiping off. Given it’s also a drying aid. Despite it being a little easier, it was still no walk in the park! I think the last time i was felt so disappointed was when i went out and bought the Collinite 915 marque d'elegance, with its supposedly highest concentration of carnauba wax in any wax, but ended up a pig to remove and left my car a streaky mess! Instead of the most elegant it was ever supposed to look. I don’t think I’ve used it since.. I guess I should have / will do another M799 test, but this time using M122 as surface prep, to remove any previous competitors product, to see if this extra grippy feel & streak still exists.
                        I don’t own a gloss meter, I use my own eyes and feel factor to rate how good a product is… M27 got a 10 out of 10 from me… Fast Finish probably just shy of a 10, cos using a purple paste you squeeze out of a bottle, that smells nicer, just feels better than using an aerosol ! But geez this M799, really didn’t do it for me other than smelling fantastic. Again I’m hoping its that the prior application of the acrylic ceramic TW stuff is what caused the streaking ? Last time I had this much streaking on a Meguiars product was using Paint Protect 365 on a black car and that what back in 2014/2015? That just seemed to take all my effort to get off, and left it looking meh ! Still got a bottle of that stuff knocking around. But I can happily swallow wasting $10. This stuff was $60 for the gallon which is an amazing deal considering it was supposed to be $99, and with that new cool font on the bottle, is making it harder to swallow ! I had high expectations.

I dunno, maybe the temps / humidity levels had something to do with it. Using your D156 normally is breeze, but occasionally I get streaks that I seem to be say why the heck are they showing? Or maybe this M799 only really shines when used on paintwork that’s been treated with M788 ?
                        I’m not quite ready to throw the towel in yet with M799, but I definitely lost the first round !

Comment

So this weekend, with my new M799, i tried full strength and also 3 parts M799 to 1 part distilled water and sad to say, i really struggled with this product. It was used in low humidity in a garage at temps of around 85 on a pearl black 2018 VW, which was washed using a waterless D114 at 1:128 dilution. This SUV has been garaged for the most part, apart from short hops to the grocery store. So it had only a light dusting of pollen. It was pretty clean. I chose D114 over D115 (my typical favorite waterless) because A.\ it wasn't dirty enough to warrant a getting the hose or foam cannon out for, and B.\ i was going to M799 it, so I didn't want the additional wax in D115 to interfere with the application. Not to mention that 2 weeks ago, I went over to the darkside and went all out buying and applying some Turtle Wax ‘Black’ Acrylic Ceramic polish and wax. (hey who can blame me, I have two black auto’s I clean on a weekly basis).. As part of that detail, I went the full hog, and i did a full M1801 decon, a clay (with last touch 50:50 as my lube) and did my polishing using the new TW black acrylic ceramic polish, along with an orange Lake Country pad using my megs MT300. I opted for the Lake Country pad over the amazing Meguiars MF system because i knew the TW black ceramic polish would stain up my Megs MF pads, which I wanted to avoid... I found this lake country/TW polish to be nowhere near as good as using the Megs MF Compound and MF correction pads. That combo really does an amazing job. I don't know why i bothered trying something else, other than to say to myself, at least i tried something meant for black cars ! Anyway, the car really didn't need a polish. Maybe it had some very light hairline scratches, but this car has never seen an automatic wash or anyone else wash it, and i'm very particular about my cleaning regiment so the paint is always in either A or A+ condition. Also worth mentioning is between polish and wax i did use your new M122 Surface Prep, to get the paint as ready as possible before the final TW ceramic black LSP. i did question this to myself, why am I doing the M122? Ok typically you’re supposed too, however as this new TW ceramic polish claims to include protection. why am i removing it before applying the spray ceramic wax?? i'm only going on so much about this because i'm wondering if this detail less than two weeks ago, is the reason i had so much trouble using M799.

Re M799, I thought i could perhaps use it as a replacement for Fast Finish at full strength, in that i spritz up a MF pad, get around the car, then use a Supreme shine MF to buff off any residue to a deep black gloss. I'll be honest, i have so many LSP's, carnauba waxes, sealants, paint protectant this paint protectant that. All normally do a good job, and leave the cars looking deep black.. Some streak a little, some are a pain to buff off, some are so easy it's a joy, that I question why do I keep wanting to try different products????...
                          What can I say, I like trying out different detailing products. Last week I was really excited about using M27 for the first time, on my other black pearl VW gti, again A+ condition. it was possibly one of the easiest products i've ever worked with. However M799, was as grippy and streaky as they come! I thought at first is perhaps because i allowed it to flash dry on the paintwork, before wiping it off. So then i thought ok, maybe i'll re-do half the hood using my 3:1 mixture.. Directly onto the paint and immediately wiping off. Given it’s also a drying aid. Despite it being a little easier, it was still no walk in the park! I think the last time i was felt so disappointed was when i went out and bought the Collinite 915 marque d'elegance, with its supposedly highest concentration of carnauba wax in any wax, but ended up a pig to remove and left my car a streaky mess! Instead of the most elegant it was ever supposed to look. I don’t think I’ve used it since.. I guess I should have / will do another M799 test, but this time using M122 as surface prep, to remove any previous competitors product, to see if this extra grippy feel & streak still exists.
                          I don’t own a gloss meter, I use my own eyes and feel factor to rate how good a product is… M27 got a 10 out of 10 from me… Fast Finish probably just shy of a 10, cos using a purple paste you squeeze out of a bottle, that smells nicer, just feels better than using an aerosol ! But geez this M799, really didn’t do it for me other than smelling fantastic. Again I’m hoping its that the prior application of the acrylic ceramic TW stuff is what caused the streaking ? Last time I had this much streaking on a Meguiars product was using Paint Protect 365 on a black car and that what back in 2014/2015? That just seemed to take all my effort to get off, and left it looking meh ! Still got a bottle of that stuff knocking around. But I can happily swallow wasting $10. This stuff was $60 for the gallon which is an amazing deal considering it was supposed to be $99, and with that new cool font on the bottle, is making it harder to swallow ! I had high expectations.

I dunno, maybe the temps / humidity levels had something to do with it. Using your D156 normally is breeze, but occasionally I get streaks that I seem to be say why the heck are they showing? Or maybe this M799 only really shines when used on paintwork that’s been treated with M788 ?
                          I’m not quite ready to throw the towel in yet with M799, but I definitely lost the first round !
                          That's not good!
                          Was the paint warm to touch? Do you think you could have been using too much product?
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                            That's not good!
                            Was the paint warm to touch? Do you think you could have been using too much product?
                            In all honesty, i'm really not sure what the deal was. But i am VERY HAPPY TO REPORT !!!! that on my second attempt that i've just tried has been a much more positive experience. I've just gone ahead and spritzed up M799 3:1 my other VW that had a full M27 detail last week, despite really not needing the M799, as its not left the garage with all this COVID19, i went for it. Zero issues !! Also to further cement my joy, I went ahead and did the same VW SUV i had the issues on this weekend, (which took a very light sprinkling of rain on Sun after a run to the grocery store) Both auto's. ZERO !! streaking and none of that grippy feel i had.

So with all that in mind, Either one of three things caused my issues last weekend.

1.\ The TW black acrylic ceramic application and M799 really didn't like each other. However that doesn't explain why the M799 seemed to work much much better this time. Surely the TW is still present? Perhaps the M799 now overrides as the last coat, and allowed the fresh coat of M799 to do its thing ? I will say, using M799 over a fresh coating of M27 on that auto, i had zero issues.

2.\ I allowed M799 to dry on the panel like a typical wax, and that perhaps ?? was a big no no... But then that doesn't explain why when i spritzed up the hood last weekend, to get to the bottom of what was going on, i still struggled.

3.\ The Microfiber i used. Now a few days prior, i went out and bought a new Megs Clay retail kit and they give you a free brand new MF. I typically put all new MF's through the wash before use, as i buy a bunch at a time, however on one single one brand new one, i didn't bother. Perhaps being new, the texture was different enough to create that extra grip ?

I'm going to guess it was probably a combination of all three. The prior TW application, didn't allow the M799 to bond properly. Maybe it was just too soon. Then the allowing of the 1:1 product to dry, just created extra work for me and set me off on a negative thought pattern. Finally to top things off in my now distressed mode ! the new MF was too grabby cos it was new.

Comment

1.\ The TW black acrylic ceramic application and M799 really didn't like each other. However that doesn't explain why the M799 seemed to work much much better this time. Surely the TW is still present? Perhaps the M799 now overrides as the last coat, and allowed the fresh coat of M799 to do its thing ? I will say, using M799 over a fresh coating of M27 on that auto, i had zero issues.

2.\ I allowed M799 to dry on the panel like a typical wax, and that perhaps ?? was a big no no... But then that doesn't explain why when i spritzed up the hood last weekend, to get to the bottom of what was going on, i still struggled.

3.\ The Microfiber i used. Now a few days prior, i went out and bought a new Megs Clay retail kit and they give you a free brand new MF. I typically put all new MF's through the wash before use, as i buy a bunch at a time, however on one single one brand new one, i didn't bother. Perhaps being new, the texture was different enough to create that extra grip ?

I'm going to guess it was probably a combination of all three. The prior TW application, didn't allow the M799 to bond properly. Maybe it was just too soon. Then the allowing of the 1:1 product to dry, just created extra work for me and set me off on a negative thought pattern. Finally to top things off in my now distressed mode ! the new MF was too grabby cos it was new.
                              1. I would say in general, prior to applying a booster/maintenance spray sealant type product over your existing LSP, it is best to allow that LSP to fully cure. So yes this could have something to do with the experience.

2. Yes, definitely not a product you want to allow to dry on panel.

3. Yes, would definitely recommend washing & drying our microfiber towels prior to use. This will make a big difference especially with a spray sealant.

+4. To add regarding your comment on humidity, in general, humidity makes products more difficult to use, especially this category, spray sealant. We try to do everything we can to minimize impact on experience for humidity on the R&D/development end, with that said, depending on how high of humidity and or category of product being used, plus other variables like mentioned above, certainly can all combine to not have best experience.

Hope this helps & feel free to keep us in touch.
                              Nick Winn
                              Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
                              Meguiar's Inc.
                              Irvine, CA
                              nawinn@meguiars.com

Comment

Not to mention that 2 weeks ago, I went over to the darkside and went all out buying and applying some Turtle Wax ‘Black’ Acrylic Ceramic polish and wax. (hey who can blame me, I have two black auto’s I clean on a weekly basis).. As part of that detail, I went the full hog, and i did a full M1801 decon, a clay (with last touch 50:50 as my lube) and did my polishing using the new TW black acrylic ceramic polish, along with an orange Lake Country pad using my megs MT300. I opted for the Lake Country pad over the amazing Meguiars MF system because i knew the TW black ceramic polish would stain up my Megs MF pads, which I wanted to avoid... I found this lake country/TW polish to be nowhere near as good as using the Megs MF Compound and MF correction pads. That combo really does an amazing job. I don't know why i bothered trying something else, other than to say to myself, at least i tried something meant for black cars ! Anyway, the car really didn't need a polish. Maybe it had some very light hairline scratches, but this car has never seen an automatic wash or anyone else wash it, and i'm very particular about my cleaning regiment so the paint is always in either A or A+ condition. Also worth mentioning is between polish and wax i did use your new M122 Surface Prep, to get the paint as ready as possible before the final TW ceramic black LSP. i did question this to myself, why am I doing the M122? Ok typically you’re supposed too, however as this new TW ceramic polish claims to include protection. why am i removing it before applying the spray ceramic wax?? i'm only going on so much about this because i'm wondering if this detail less than two weeks ago, is the reason i had so much trouble using M799.
                                Furthermore, we would imagine this "black color" specific product you mention is using fillers & oils to accomplish it's results. We are quite confident that you are likely re-activating these components which may never fully cure & this is contributing to your experience.

Additionally, you may or may have not noticed that the directions for this product are detailed & specific. Directions to spray directly onto the towel are advised for several applications. We would encourage you to reference these if you are not already & this should help, depending on what function you are using, i.e. Full Strength Sealant, Boosted Detailer, Clay Lubricant, Drying Aid.
                                Nick Winn
                                Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
                                Meguiar's Inc.
                                Irvine, CA
                                nawinn@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');