• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

The surface looks neglected, I'm guessing the sealant just gunked up underneath because of the heat of the DA and liquid in the sealant.

Edit: Sorry looks like you mentioned the issue even after claying and using a polish. Maybe something with humidity causing the issues? Not sure

Comment

Originally posted by atikovi View Post
      1) Any problem putting this on glass? I just clayed a pano roof and applied it by hand. Waited 10-15 minutes wiped off with MF towel. That was a struggle. The haze is difficult to remove and takes a lot of pressure.

2) Applied to the hood after clay, M110 and 83. First by hand. Buffing off the residue with a MF towel was very difficult. Thought I would dent the hood I had to press so hard and the streaks and residue still wouldn't come off. They I reapplied with a DA on a yellow foam pad. It was little better to take off but still couldn't buff off completely.

What am I doing wrong? Seems like it would take 3 hours of hard labor to do a car. I've been using Ultimate Fast Finish which is SO much easier and quicker. How much more gloss and durability does M27 have to make the application worth it?
      Originally posted by atikovi View Post
      Did the trunk and the product left this residue using the DA.
      I'm guessing you've applied the product too heavy atikovi. Too answer your initial question, yes, I use it on glass. But my first couple of applications with M27 went more like yours I think. It seemed to constantly smear on the glass, like I wasn't able to remove it. After several cars, and trying different amounts, the best process for me is backing off on how much I apply, use great lighting. It takes some getting used to the fact that the "self leveling" feature with this product really means that it should all but disappear within minutes of spreading it on a panel, or glass. The circle of product in your pic looks like leftover water droplets left behind when you've applied to much. On your next attempt, I'd recommend with your DA, lessen the amount dramatically and go over a panel several times until the majority of the product is gone. You'll see it spread initially but it will be gone seconds later. Done correctly, you really don't have much, if anything, to wipe off.

Comment

Sorry if this has already been asked.

What is more durable and easier to use - this or the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax?
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I am very happy to read its able to be applied in direct sunlight. I rushed this am to apply it before the sun came over the house lol. Anyway, my question lies in its cure time. How necessary is it to cure for the full 24hrs? As mentioned, I applied it this morning, by hand, and its been pouring since about 4pm. Ive yet to apply a secondary coat or even a coat of the HCLW. Just not too sure where to go from here. Hopefully I

Comment

Can someone try to dilute this product to a point where it can be used in a spray bottle?

I've been using D15601 Synthetic X-Press for the last 2 years and absolutely love the product for its ease of use... but as im getting older, im having less time to wash the car. Looking for something thats quick and easy that I can just spray on and wipe off. I'm fine if it doesnt last as long compared to using it in its non diluted form but as long as it last longer than the synthetic x-press wax, i will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by snahfu View Post
              Can someone try to dilute this product to a point where it can be used in a spray bottle?

I've been using D15601 Synthetic X-Press for the last 2 years and absolutely love the product for its ease of use... but as im getting older, im having less time to wash the car. Looking for something thats quick and easy that I can just spray on and wipe off. I'm fine if it doesnt last as long compared to using it in its non diluted form but as long as it last longer than the synthetic x-press wax, i will be happy.
              That's what Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax spray is for. Just spray and rinse off.

Comment

If you want a more traditional spray wax application you could consider our M799 Bead Booster as well. It is offered in a 32oz spray bottle and gallon jug.

Brian Hann
                Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, California
                bhann@meguiars.com
                (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

• So posting just to post, movement on the forum lol.
                  Are there many, or any, that are still using M27 regularly?
                  ULW is a staple on the market with many, it is very easy to get, easy to use and fantatic results. Just a great product. I still use it and have friends that soley use it. I have gone the way of 2 coats then top with Fast Finish. Maintain with wash/wax (yellow soap) and USW or additional coats. Great results.

But on my daily I love using M27 and maintaining with wash/ceramic wax (orange jug), M799 Ceramic Detailer (M799 diluted), and Ceramic Spray Wax (blue bottle). Beading is always amazing. Both ULW and M27 are close for me, but by hairs, M27 for durability and ULW for darkening. But I enjoy both.

I know alot of folks use ULW, it's sold in many store shelves. But like I said, are many reaching for M27? Or reaching for Ceramic Liquid Wax (yellow bottle) instead due to ease of access, also on alot of store shelves. I know on a video a few years ago Michael Stoops said M27 was his reach for product at that time, he really loved it. Was a big part of me buying it to try. And I still love and use it today. Haven't dived into the ceramic coating world of products, stay mostly with these 2, M27 and ULW.

Comment

• We use M27 on most cars we detail. Quick to apply and remove, and no taping off the black plastics. It actually darkens the plastics slightly. With that said, I have noticed my usual supplier has it backordered. Hope that's not a sign of things to come. I was on a search for D166 (Ultra Polishing Wax) at the same time and found it hard to come across, especially in a smaller bottle.

Comment

• Originally posted by HCAD View Post
                      We use M27 on most cars we detail. Quick to apply and remove, and no taping off the black plastics. It actually darkens the plastics slightly. With that said, I have noticed my usual supplier has it backordered. Hope that's not a sign of things to come. I was on a search for D166 (Ultra Polishing Wax) at the same time and found it hard to come across, especially in a smaller bottle.
                      Actually I did notice it is backorded at Carzilla right now. I am still on the original bottle of M27 I bought, and also have an unopened gallon of it too. So LOTS left, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by HCAD View Post
                        We use M27 on most cars we detail. Quick to apply and remove, and no taping off the black plastics. It actually darkens the plastics slightly. With that said, I have noticed my usual supplier has it backordered. Hope that's not a sign of things to come. I was on a search for D166 (Ultra Polishing Wax) at the same time and found it hard to come across, especially in a smaller bottle.
                        If your looking, Meguiar's is still waiting to produce it currently. But Jegs appears to have some in both sizes right now.

Comment

• I’ve recently been using HCW on the bodywork and Meguiar’s Headlight Protect on the headlamps of my last car. After 5.5yrs the headlights still look great.
                          Now I’m armed with M27 for my new car, is M27 considered a better option to protect headlights? Since Headlight Protect was made obsolete a few years back and I didn’t see anything else to replace it.
                          I see people recommending HCW on headlamps as a good method of protection, but will M27 do the job too?
                          Last edited by jlsteed; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlsteed View Post
                            I’ve recently been using HCW on the bodywork and Meguiar’s Headlight Protect on the headlamps of my last car. After 5.5yrs the headlights still look great.
                            Now I’m armed with M27 for my new car, is M27 considered a better option to protect headlights? Since Headlight Protect was made obsolete a few years back and I didn’t see anything else to replace it.
                            I see people recommending HCW on headlamps as a good method of protection, but will M27 do the job too?
                            I have been using M27 for about 4 years now. I have always done the head and taillights whenever I was doing to car. I even did side and back glass a few times. I have had zero complaints doing this.(All my and family cars) Headlights all look as good as the day I first did them 4 years ago. When I use M799 or Ceramic Detailer, I have been going over the same places to maintain. I am very happy with results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy View Post

I have been using M27 for about 4 years now. I have always done the head and taillights whenever I was doing to car. I even did side and back glass a few times. I have had zero complaints doing this.(All my and family cars) Headlights all look as good as the day I first did them 4 years ago. When I use M799 or Ceramic Detailer, I have been going over the same places to maintain. I am very happy with results.
                              Many thanks for your feedback Buddy.
                              If M27 does the job then I’ll follow that path.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');