Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 109

Thread: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

          
  1. #41
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by 2018 z71 View Post
    Nick

    Can M27 be diluted with water to use as a maintenance topper / booster for itself? If so, will diluting affect the gloss level of M27 and what would be a good dilution ratio?

    I saw there are other new maintenance products, like M799, but if M27 can be diluted to use as a booster, that would be my preferred choice.

    I rewatched the the video and saw M27 was paste. Was thinking it was a liquid from watching the video the first time. No reply needed.

  2. #42
    Product & Training Specialist Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    8,572
    Rep Power
    96

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by 2018 z71 View Post
    Nick

    Can M27 be diluted with water to use as a maintenance topper / booster for itself? If so, will diluting affect the gloss level of M27 and what would be a good dilution ratio?

    I saw there are other new maintenance products, like M799, but if M27 can be diluted to use as a booster, that would be my preferred choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2018 z71 View Post
    I rewatched the the video and saw M27 was paste. Was thinking it was a liquid from watching the video the first time. No reply needed.
    We would not categorize M27 as a paste, it is a "liquid" but it is not a "spray-able liquid." I suppose it is a more "gel or lotion" type liquid. Thanks.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  3. #43
    Registered Member fordf150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hanover Minnesota
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    I'm curious as to how the marketing claims of durability are determined for your LSP products.

    The reason I ask is first we had Paint Protect 365 which claims 365 days worth of durability. Next we had Ulitimate Fast Finish 100 car wash durability and protects for a full year. I know claims depend much on how the paint is prepped and cared for thereafter, i get that.

    So now jump to 2020 and now we have a true SiO2 coating which claims 1 year protection and a SiO2 sealant with claims according to Nick of at least 6 months worth of protection. I guess I would have expected greater durability out of the new SiO2 products then the consumer products mentioned above?

    Don't get me wrong as I have both Paint Protect 365 and ULT Fast Finish and think they do a admirable job and are easy to apply. My thinking is if I'm going to spend more money on something with SiO2 in it, hopefully gaining more durability, I would have expected something that claims durability greater than what I have already?

    Again, this wasn't meant to slam the new SiO2 products but rather the confusing durability claims.
    2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

  4. #44
    Michael The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    5,610
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by fordf150 View Post
    I'm curious as to how the marketing claims of durability are determined for your LSP products.

    The reason I ask is first we had Paint Protect 365 which claims 365 days worth of durability. Next we had Ulitimate Fast Finish 100 car wash durability and protects for a full year. I know claims depend much on how the paint is prepped and cared for thereafter, i get that.

    So now jump to 2020 and now we have a true SiO2 coating which claims 1 year protection and a SiO2 sealant with claims according to Nick of at least 6 months worth of protection. I guess I would have expected greater durability out of the new SiO2 products then the consumer products mentioned above?

    Don't get me wrong as I have both Paint Protect 365 and ULT Fast Finish and think they do a admirable job and are easy to apply. My thinking is if I'm going to spend more money on something with SiO2 in it, hopefully gaining more durability, I would have expected something that claims durability greater than what I have already?

    Again, this wasn't meant to slam the new SiO2 products but rather the confusing durability claims.
    There are many factors that affect durability of any product. An SiO2 product or SiO2 infused product will give a better gloss, have a better self cleaning affect and better chemical resistance than a synthetic/polymer product in most cases.

  5. #45
    Registered Member HCAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    526
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by fordf150 View Post
    I'm curious as to how the marketing claims of durability are determined for your LSP products.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    There are many factors that affect durability of any product. An SiO2 product or SiO2 infused product will give a better gloss, have a better self cleaning affect and better chemical resistance than a synthetic/polymer product in most cases.
    Guz, sounds like marketing for value, not durability. And with that I add, "better gloss" and "better chemical resistance" are subjective in my opinion. I agree whole heartedly on the increased "self cleaning" or ease of cleaning. That's convincing the first time you wash a coated vehicle. But what about "durability"? Again in my opinion, it's just a sales and marketing tool. No two companies will likely use the same process to determine longevity. So where's the accuracy in comparisons? I'd offer that there really isn't one. A new start up company can shoot out wild claims that their coating will last 5 years and the proof in that statement may or may not ever be challenged. I personally like the conservative estimates that Meguiar's uses. That new start up company claiming outlandish longevity from their coating likely will not, no, almost absolutely, will never see the 100 year mark in business that Meguiar's can boast. So, enjoy the value of a SiO2 coating, and take the durability as a bonus.

  6. #46
    Registered Member fordf150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hanover Minnesota
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    There are many factors that affect durability of any product
    I get that.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    An SiO2 product or SiO2 infused product will give a better gloss, have a better self cleaning affect and better chemical resistance than a synthetic/polymer product in most cases.
    No where in the product labeling nor in discussions here has it been mentioned that the SiO2 products are the most durable. If they are, the claims don't support that. So it would seem the main advantages with SiO2 is better gloss, better cleaning affect and possibly beading/slickness?? Chemical resistance would be categorized as durability IMO.
    2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

  7. #47
    Registered Member fordf150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hanover Minnesota
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by HCAD View Post
    Guz, sounds like marketing for value, not durability. And with that I add, "better gloss" and "better chemical resistance" are subjective in my opinion.
    Yep, that's what I get from this as well.
    2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

  8. #48
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Twinsburg, Ohio
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Why would you choose to do M27 verses M788 (Deep Crystal Ceramic). What are the pros and cons of these? Thanks

  9. #49
    Product & Training Specialist Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    8,572
    Rep Power
    96

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by tjpowell View Post
    Why would you choose to do M27 verses M788 (Deep Crystal Ceramic). What are the pros and cons of these? Thanks
    Even though our M788 Deep Crystal Ceramic Paint Coating is going to be easy to apply, it is still a MUCH more involved & time consuming process than M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER FOR MEGUIAR'S ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM

  10. #50
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Twinsburg, Ohio
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Even though our M788 Deep Crystal Ceramic Paint Coating is going to be easy to apply, it is still a MUCH more involved & time consuming process than M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant.
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I missed it, but is there a list of steps that need to be taken to apply the M788?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Meguiar's M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster
    By Nick Winn in forum Meguiar's 2020 New Products
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Aug 3rd, 2020, 02:59 PM
  2. Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax
    By Nick Winn in forum Meguiar's 2019 New Products
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: Jul 20th, 2020, 07:39 AM
  3. How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!
    By Nick Winn in forum How To Articles
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: Jun 5th, 2020, 12:37 PM
  4. Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax now available in Canada
    By Nick Winn in forum Company & Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 12th, 2019, 08:21 AM
  5. How to: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - New Video Feb 2019
    By Nick Winn in forum Meguiar's Videos
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 7th, 2019, 04:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •