Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by brianrb100 View Post
    I used the M27 on my 4runner and was very pleased with the results. I would like to put a spray product on after I wash. What would the most appropriate product be? I'm thinking the M799 bead booster. Would I apply it full strength? Or would the D156 synthetic wax work better?
    For sure if you can get your hands on M799 I'd use that. Otherwise hybrid ceramic detailer would probably be ok too. You want to keep the self-cleaning and crazy water beading behaviors of the ceramic products, I think D156 will reduce that.

Registered Member

1) Any problem putting this on glass? I just clayed a pano roof and applied it by hand. Waited 10-15 minutes wiped off with MF towel. That was a struggle. The haze is difficult to remove and takes a lot of pressure.

2) Applied to the hood after clay, M110 and 83. First by hand. Buffing off the residue with a MF towel was very difficult. Thought I would dent the hood I had to press so hard and the streaks and residue still wouldn't come off. They I reapplied with a DA on a yellow foam pad. It was little better to take off but still couldn't buff off completely.

What am I doing wrong? Seems like it would take 3 hours of hard labor to do a car. I've been using Ultimate Fast Finish which is SO much easier and quicker. How much more gloss and durability does M27 have to make the application worth it?
    Last edited by atikovi; Jun 14th, 2020 at 04:54 PM.

Registered Member

Did the trunk and the product left this residue using the DA.

^ Looks like clear coat failure to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Registered Member

No it just the sealant. Buffed it off but takes a lot of muscle.

Registered Member

The surface looks neglected, I'm guessing the sealant just gunked up underneath because of the heat of the DA and liquid in the sealant.

Edit: Sorry looks like you mentioned the issue even after claying and using a polish. Maybe something with humidity causing the issues? Not sure

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    1) Any problem putting this on glass? I just clayed a pano roof and applied it by hand. Waited 10-15 minutes wiped off with MF towel. That was a struggle. The haze is difficult to remove and takes a lot of pressure.

2) Applied to the hood after clay, M110 and 83. First by hand. Buffing off the residue with a MF towel was very difficult. Thought I would dent the hood I had to press so hard and the streaks and residue still wouldn't come off. They I reapplied with a DA on a yellow foam pad. It was little better to take off but still couldn't buff off completely.

What am I doing wrong? Seems like it would take 3 hours of hard labor to do a car. I've been using Ultimate Fast Finish which is SO much easier and quicker. How much more gloss and durability does M27 have to make the application worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    Did the trunk and the product left this residue using the DA.
    I'm guessing you've applied the product too heavy atikovi. Too answer your initial question, yes, I use it on glass. But my first couple of applications with M27 went more like yours I think. It seemed to constantly smear on the glass, like I wasn't able to remove it. After several cars, and trying different amounts, the best process for me is backing off on how much I apply, use great lighting. It takes some getting used to the fact that the "self leveling" feature with this product really means that it should all but disappear within minutes of spreading it on a panel, or glass. The circle of product in your pic looks like leftover water droplets left behind when you've applied to much. On your next attempt, I'd recommend with your DA, lessen the amount dramatically and go over a panel several times until the majority of the product is gone. You'll see it spread initially but it will be gone seconds later. Done correctly, you really don't have much, if anything, to wipe off.

Sorry if this has already been asked.

What is more durable and easier to use - this or the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Registered Member

I am very happy to read its able to be applied in direct sunlight. I rushed this am to apply it before the sun came over the house lol. Anyway, my question lies in its cure time. How necessary is it to cure for the full 24hrs? As mentioned, I applied it this morning, by hand, and its been pouring since about 4pm. Ive yet to apply a secondary coat or even a coat of the HCLW. Just not too sure where to go from here. Hopefully I

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread Information