• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiar's M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant

Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep
    Originally posted by 2000 View Post
    Quick question for you all. I'm still getting caught up on the whole ceramic product line. I understand a true coating like M788 is going to have better longevity and more durability over M27, but would it be fair to say M27 will be more versatile to use and to adjust "looks" due to being able to apply M27 over polish oils where M788 and other true coats require panels to be striped of polishing oils?
    It's best not to compare the two products IMO. But M27 would still be best applied over a prepped surface, with any residual polish oils removed. That's what "Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep" is intended to help do before application. Don't get caught up in the weird messaging that M27 can be applied over anything. In fact, on the bottle itself the instructions say to apply to a fully prep surface for best results.

Comment

[QUOTE=symmetrical;594323]Meguiar
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by symmetrical View Post
        Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep

It's best not to compare the two products IMO. But M27 would still be best applied over a prepped surface, with any residual polish oils removed. That's what "Meguiar’s M122 Surface Prep" is intended to help do before application. Don't get caught up in the weird messaging that M27 can be applied over anything. In fact, on the bottle itself the instructions say to apply to a fully prep surface for best results.
        so when I use M21, i would polish vehicle but would leave the polishing oils and consider that a prepped surface. What your saying is any ceramic product should have the polishing oils removed to truly be a prepped surface. Is that correct?
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 View Post
          so when I use M21, i would polish vehicle but would leave the polishing oils and consider that a prepped surface. What your saying is any ceramic product should have the polishing oils removed to truly be a prepped surface. Is that correct?
          Yes actually the old tried and true method still applies even to ceramic products, which is prep the surface (polish as you said) and then follow up with some sort of IPA or meguiars surface prep to remove the residual oils. That way when you apply M27, it bonds to the bare paint making it perform and last much longer.

The advertising from Meguiars have been a little confusing, since their consumer "Hybrid Ceramic Wax" and "Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax" says you can apply over any surface including previously applied sealants. But I don't think that's best if you want the best results. Hope that helps

Comment

thank you
            2019 GMC Sierra
            1500 AT4

Comment

I have a 2018 Tacoma that I clayed and then used Ultimate wax on about 2 months ago and periodically using P&S Beadmaker to enhance gloss. I want to use this sealant. So will I now have to use the Meguiar surface prep to remove what I have used now? Thanks

Comment

What have you guys found is the best way to apply M27, by hand with a foam or microfiber application pad or DA with a black foam pad or microfiber pad? I am currently prepping my surface and will be applying M27 this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by thedawg View Post
                  I have a 2018 Tacoma that I clayed and then used Ultimate wax on about 2 months ago and periodically using P&S Beadmaker to enhance gloss. I want to use this sealant. So will I now have to use the Meguiar surface prep to remove what I have used now? Thanks
                  I would think you're fine just to clay the surface completely before applying the M27.

Originally posted by accordhybrid View Post
                  What have you guys found is the best way to apply M27, by hand with a foam or microfiber application pad or DA with a black foam pad or microfiber pad? I am currently prepping my surface and will be applying M27 this weekend.
                  If you have a DA I can't imagine you would ever go back to applying wax/sealants by hand. Would you? My method is with the black pad and a DA. Be warned, it takes some getting used to. You'll want a consistent pattern that you use to cover an area, kind of like cutting grass, you don't just go wild and run the machine all over the area. It WILL disappear, especially if you have a light color.

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
                    If you have a DA I can't imagine you would ever go back to applying wax/sealants by hand. Would you? My method is with the black pad and a DA. Be warned, it takes some getting used to. You'll want a consistent pattern that you use to cover an area, kind of like cutting grass, you don't just go wild and run the machine all over the area. It WILL disappear, especially if you have a light color.
                    Thank you for your response. I would prefer to apply by DA, but for some of the reasons you mentioned and my first time using it; I wasn't sure if applying by hand would be better. This is being applied to a silver car. I'll take a shot at it with the DA and a black foam pad.

Comment

I used a DA both a black pad and a foam applicator for smaller areas. Simply clayed over a fairly fresh coat of Klasse AIO. Worked a treat on a dark color (Nori Green) It’s been very rainy since and the beading is intense.

Very easy to apply and remove.

Comment

Originally posted by thedawg View Post
                        The surface prep may or may not remove what is already on the surface. It may degrade it. A light polish will definitely remove what you have.

Would you have issues using the surface prep and then sealing? No other than you might not get the max longevity out of it whatever that may be in your environment.

It is personal preference. Try both ways and see what method you prefer.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I ended up applying my hand. I did half the hood by hand and the other half by machine. I felt I had more control and could keep a better eye on where I spread the sealant. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Comment

i just use a microfiber pad. 4 dots per panel and go around the car with the bottle in my hand. Takes no time at all. I do have a Meguiars DA, along with both the MF and Foam pads, but unless i'm doing a correction, i don't use it. Too much work getting it all out, and the extension cable.. Making sure the cable is not in the way.. This stuff goes on so easy, by the time i've unraveled the extension cable, i've already got half the car done by hand if using a hand held microfiber pad.

Be warned / or happy depending on how you like things to work, this stuff literally disappears after a few mins. So keep track of panels you've already buffed off. Even on a black car, i had to look twice sometimes to say where's it gone ? lol Its very very easy to work with. Didn't give me any issues, and is probably the easiest product i've ever used. Most importantly it gave me that proud feeling after looking at the reflections. I gave it the slick test, and its as slick as any of the products out there who are renowned at being the 'slickest'

Comment

Anybody have any opinions how many layers for this stuff? Or is the old Meguiars motto of "Just two layers to ensure even coverage" still apply?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                                Technically any of our washes would be fine, but if you choose a wash with wax in it like our Ultimate Wash & Wax you will likely knock down the water beading effects of the Hybrid Ceramic products you have on the surface. So sticking with something like our Gold Class Wash would make sense.
                                Nick,

Can I use Shampoo Plus followed by M27 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Sealant and then M799 PRO Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster as needed on my wrapped car?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');