• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quik Clay is awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Clay is awesome!

I have a 1968 Firebird that has a finish that is smooth as butter. I maintain it with Deep Crystal System Polish and Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26.

Recently, my car spent several weeks in the shop. When I got it back, the paint surface felt gritty and grimy. I washed it thinking that would take care of the problem. It didn't. I used the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner that had worked great on my Grand Prix. That didn't remove the filmy feeling. I just about threw up. I also tried to polish and re wax a small area. That still didn't do it.

Then I remember reading about the Quik Clay System. I didn't understand how it worked but I didn't know what else to try. Well, let me tell you after trying the first area on the car, the first words out of my mouth were, "Holy crud!". I ended up working the whole car over. I think I was actually laughing during the rest of the job. My butter like finish is back! I will be recommending this product to anyone who asks about my car's finish.

Simply the best $10 ever spent on my Firebird.

Yes that Quik Clay really is something.
    Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

I agree! It is a great "system" I only wish it was easier to find.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

For $10.00 that is a good buy.

I bought some of it last year for the 1st time, and I got the same results with it.......As a matter of fact, the car had just came out of the body shop and had a lot of little bumps on it, but the clay took care of that.
        r. b.

Comment

Yeah the quick clay worked great for me also.

Odd thing is I originally used the quick clay with the supplied quick detaler. I got alot of crud on the bar

I later tried the quick clay with the NXT quick detaler and the NXT didnt seem to allow the crud to stick on the clay bar. Anyone else ever run into this?
          90 Honda Civic Turbo/ZC

Comment

Just one thing to add.........remember to do the WHOLE car as it made my car very slightly lighter in colour (silver).........and the finish was SENSATIONAL

Bryan

Comment

Re: Quik Clay is awesome!

Originally posted by Talimongous
              I have a 1968 Firebird that has a finish that is smooth as butter. I maintain it with Deep Crystal System Polish and Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26.
              If it's the same Firebird you're using as an Avatar, how about sharing a full size, (700 pixels wide max), picture of it as it looks pretty cool in your Avatar...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Gallery Photos...

I added some photos to my gallery.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');