• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations to BillyJack's detailing of his 87 El Camino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to BillyJack's detailing of his 87 El Camino

Congratulations to MOL Member BillyJack on the detailing and condition of his 1987 El Camino.
    This two tone truck sports the original paint from 33 years ago.
    His paint correction and protection efforts on the paint and truck resulted in selection for a 2020 National El Camino Owner's Association Calendar cover car.

Re: Congratulations to BillyJack's detailing of his 87 El Camino

Ahh, good news there.

Way to go Bill! Trying to think about how many accolades you and the Elco have a received...a bunch!

Bill

Comment

Thanks, guys.
      In reality, my choice of background ( a mural on the local VFW Post) was likely more responsible for the selection as a cover car, but I'll take the praise anyway.
      I owe the appearance of my Camino solely to the things I learned from both here and the Autogeek forum. Ten years ago, when a job change forced me to lose a company car, the Camino was pressed into DD service thru 9 months of PA weather and the old paint showed the effects of the exposure. Thanks to a tutorial by Mike Phillips, then the trainer and moderator here, I learned the technique of force-feeding M07 into the parched paint, making it much more responsive to polishing and correction. It was truly a game-changer to the tired, old lacquer. My truck has all the maladies of 30 year old lacquer, checking, crazing and oxidation, but thanks to the knowledge acquired here, they're all overcome by the level of gloss I've been able to achieve.
      Thanks again.

Bill

Comment

Congrats Bill! Looking good.
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');