• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for replacement of UFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for replacement of UFF

My wife has a black minivan. Since day 1 (purchased new) I have applied a consumer grade ceramic coating to it. As life gets busy, I recently applied UFF in replacement of the ceramic coating due to the start of coating failure and needing to reapply. I forgot how well ceramic coatings "self clean" and now I am struggling with owning a black car and it not staying clean. I also find that in addition to always being a layer of dust on the car now, the slickness of the paint is not there either. My other cars use PP365 and Ultimate Wax so those are not options for me as they help with gloss and have great protection but I want something that has anti-static properties to it. I have been reading that the new product line, especially Deep Crystal Ceramic, will not be available until Q1 2020, but was wondering what everyone else was using or what a good replacement would be for UFF?

Wash Routine:
    weekly washes either using a rinseless wash system or foam cannon with 2 buckets and CR Spotless. Wheels are washed with Iron Decon or Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner every other week

Application of UFF:
    used paint prep across the paint. Sprayed UFF onto the provided MF towel and did 1/3 hood or 1/3 door at a time, reapplying as needed, and buffing after flashing.
    *it recently rained here in SoCal and the beading properties are well sorted and abundant so I have no reason to think the application was botched*

Re: Help for replacement of UFF

What coating were you using?
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

M205 polish for light swirl removal followed by Gyeon Prep before applying Gloss Coat. With the time constraints and not even really wanting to go through the cure time of a coating, I grabbed UFF as I have heard great things about it. It was super easy to use, just don't displeased with the non-antistatic properties of it. So now I get to strip the paint and reapply something else, just not sure what that is yet.

Comment

You won't get the same self cleaning effect from a sealant compared to that of a coating.

You can either wait until the Meguiar's coating is out or you can venture to another brand that offers (ie cquartz, gtechniq). It is going to come down to how long you want to wait to coat it again.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I figured that might be the answer, although I was hoping someone would say "x" product is great and has given me good results. Thanks for the advise Guz

Comment

You could give hybrid ceramic wax a try until you decide what coating to go with.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');