• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar"s Fast Finish and Ceramic wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar"s Fast Finish and Ceramic wax

I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT I CANNOT EDIT OR FIND MY POST SO PLEASE DELETE IF DUPLICATED

Hello All,
    I am just a car guy, not a professional detailer. I love my car & use Meguiar's products.

Two months ago, I purchased a brand new car right off the showroom floor and the day I brought it home I washed it and then applied the Meguiar's ceramic wax ( the one in the blue bottle)

I have been watching many videos on a lot of products and came across Meguiar's Fast Finish and was impressed with what I saw. I know its a 2-year-old product BUT it seems to have a great reputation for extreme gloss and protection. And It was at Pep Boys for $9.99

My question is >> is it ok to apply Meguiar's Fast Finish on top of the Meguiar's ceramic wax?

would there be any benefit of doing so?

Also, do I need to remove the Meguiar's ceramic wax ( strip it ) in order to use the Meguiar's Fast Finish? Having a brand new car benefits my situation because my paint is flawless ( no need to do a lot of prep because my paint finish is new)

My car is always garaged & never sits outside overnight and rarely driven in rain. I live in the south where we have no snow.

I use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the car every day (I know obsessive) but I finally retired and this new car is the last one I want to buy for at least 10 years & I want to keep it looking like new all the time.

I don't want to waste product & I don't damage the finish. I plan to use the Meguiar's ceramic wax every 4 to 6 weeks and I follow the instructions.

Any tips and advice are appreciated

Get that 2020 line of products out

I have been watching the videos from the show at SEMA.

Re: Meguiar"s Fast Finish and Ceramic wax

Originally posted by mdc1022 View Post
    I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT I CANNOT EDIT OR FIND MY POST SO PLEASE DELETE IF DUPLICATED

Hello All,
    I am just a car guy, not a professional detailer. I love my car & use Meguiar's products.

Two months ago, I purchased a brand new car right off the showroom floor and the day I brought it home I washed it and then applied the Meguiar's ceramic wax ( the one in the blue bottle)

I have been watching many videos on a lot of products and came across Meguiar's Fast Finish and was impressed with what I saw. I know its a 2-year-old product BUT it seems to have a great reputation for extreme gloss and protection. And It was at Pep Boys for $9.99

My question is >> is it ok to apply Meguiar's Fast Finish on top of the Meguiar's ceramic wax?

Also, do I need to remove the Meguiar's ceramic wax ( strip it ) in order to use the Meguiar's Fast Finish? Having a brand new car benefits my situation because my paint is flawless ( no need to do a lot of prep because my paint finish is new)

My car is always garaged & never sits outside overnight and rarely driven in rain. I live in the south where we have no snow.

I use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the car every day (I know obsessive) but I finally retired and this new car is the last one I want to buy for at least 10 years & I want to keep it looking like new all the time.

I don't want to waste product & I don't damage the finish. I plan to use the Meguiar's ceramic wax every 4 to 6 weeks and I follow the instructions.

Any tips and advice are appreciated

Get that 2020 line of products out

I have been watching the videos from the show at SEMA.

It doesn't seem like the HCW if going to focus on looks and gloss as much as other products, more on durability.

So that may sway you a bit. And the HCW has to use water, which some people can't.

But yeah, that new HC Liquid Wax and M27 where you can get a good base wax, then maintain from there could be really nice.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Personally I wouldn't use FF over Ceramic Wax since I have found Ceramic Wax has much better water beading and self-cleaning ability. I think the general consensus is whatever you apply last, that's what characteristic you'll see.

I think the other thing is also, Meguiar's new SiO2 products are different chemically than the older polymers of the ultimate line, so maybe it's better to stick within the same family. ie: Ultimate Paste/Liquid Wax + UFF + D156 etc.

And soon Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax + Hybrid Ceramic Wax + Bead Booster etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mdc1022 View Post

I see no harm. Benefits??? maybe. The base layer is going to give you the protection and the topper will give what ever look it's possesses whether that be wax or sealant. I see no reason why you couldn't top it over ceramic wax. The beauty of UFF is the absolute ease of application. It's that simple you could use it after each wash if you desired. For $9.99 go for it.
        2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

absolutely no harm. The more you layer on, the more protection you have,. its that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by fordf150 View Post
            I see no harm. Benefits??? maybe. The base layer is going to give you the protection and the topper will give what ever look it's possesses whether that be wax or sealant. I see no reason why you couldn't top it over ceramic wax. The beauty of UFF is the absolute ease of application. It's that simple you could use it after each wash if you desired. For $9.99 go for it.
            Until it washes off and reveals whats underneath. Some dont bond well to silica, best just keep things simple, cleanse the paint then apply a product. They will be testing bond to clean paint in the lab, not with some random product from the line 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');