• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from North Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from North Florida

Hello Everyone,

I have a silver 2005 Mercedes E500 that's in good condition. The vehicle is garage kept so it usually does not sit in the hot Florida sun for long periods of time. The paint looks good but could use more shine and protection from the Florida sun. The last time the car had a good wax applied was a few years ago.

Below are the products and steps I plan on using to get the paint to shine nice again. I would appreciate and suggestions or feedback on products and the steps I listed below.

1. Clean the wheels with Meguiar's wheel cleaner.
    2. Wash the car with Meguiar's ultimate wash & wax.
    3. Spray the car with Iron X or similar product.
    4. Clay bar
    5. Compound
    6. Polish
    7. IPA mix
    8. Wax the with Meguiar's white wax G6107 or Meguiar's G18216 Ultimate liquid wax.
    9. Meguiar's endurance tire gel.
    10. Interior - Meguiar's ultimate leather detailer.

I have a Back & Decker 6" Random Orbit Waxer / Polisher (WP 900) to apply the product.

Let me know if I should add or delete any of the steps I outlined. Also let me know if you like the products I am considering using for the task.
    Polish pad recommendations ?

I would appreciate any feedback since this is my first time doing a full detail on the car.

Thank you,
    Rich C
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');