• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pure Silicone Oil for Automotive Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Silicone Oil for Automotive Care?

Hello All,
    I was curious to know if anyone had tried a product called Microlubrol 200 in lieu of spray on waxes? It is 100% pure silicone oil. I came across a post in which a gentlemen stated he uses a few drops per each panel as part of his regular routine. I managed a detail business for 14 years but that's been a while but I cannot see this being a good or proper method?

Do you see any issues with his routine? I can see how a pure silicone would be good at protecting the paint surface but I do not see it restoring paint luster such as a natural carnauba wax does or other spray-on waxes which have some carnauba in them. It would also seem to be detrimental when you did attempt to apply a wax because the 100% silicone would hinder penetration.

Just curious to know your thoughts.

Ralph
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');