• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick detailer, Spray Wax, Last touch spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick detailer, Spray Wax, Last touch spray

Hi,

I'm new in car detailing and not clear enough about under what kind of condition to use, the difference, is it safe to combine, and how to combine(which one will be the first layer) of these products: quick detailer, spray wax, and last touch spray.

The reason why i'm asking those question is because I want to protect my car from rains and bad side of hose water while washing my car. I've watched video that someone using spray wax right after rinsing his car(while the car still wet) under very bright sun, using hose water, and the paint is still safe (no waterspots) and he compared on another panel of his car that not using spray wax and that panel got so many water spot. It's really interesting and make me curious.

Re: Quick detailer, Spray Wax, Last touch spray

Welcome to MOL.

Yes it is common for people to use a spray wax or quick detailer during the drying process. This is referred to as a drying aid. The spray wax will leave a little bit of protection behind. So it comes down to what is your end goal.

Last Touch is a quick detailer. It can be diluted to be used as a clay lubricant. It leaves no protection behind.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Welcome to MOL.

Yes it is common for people to use a spray wax or quick detailer during the drying process. This is referred to as a drying aid. The spray wax will leave a little bit of protection behind. So it comes down to what is your end goal.

Last Touch is a quick detailer. It can be diluted to be used as a clay lubricant. It leaves no protection behind.
      Hi The Guz,

So quick detailer=last spray. Since my car is already nano coated(ziebart), i want to add another layer to protect from water spots. Which one should i use then ? Thanks

Comment

If it is a ceramic coating then I would stick to what the manufacturer of that coating recommends. If you are wanting to use a Meguiar's product then you have the option to use hybrid ceramic wax or either of these if they are available in your area.

They are new for 2020.

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');