• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question on sealants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on sealants

okay, we have a busy detailing shop and LOVE the Ultimate liquid wax for various reasons.

1- can be put on black plastic and does not stain.
    2- easy on and off.
    3- long lasting.
    4- has a tiny bit of correctional abilities in it.

What is the same on the professional side so that we can purchase in gallons?

Whats the reason we get streaking on dark colors after removal and brought in the sun? (Cannot see under shop lights) We allow it to dry and prepped the surface and it seems to make no difference. Will the paste work as well without streaking? (some have told us it does not streak)

Thanks!

Re: question on sealants

Ultimate Wax has no equivalent in the professional line. It is also a pure sealant with no correction ability. In the professional line up, there is M21 which is a pure sealant and the soon to be released M27 which is a ceramic infused sealant.

If you are getting streaking it is possible that it is being applied to thick. Ultimate Wax doe snot dry like a traditional wax. It can be wiped on and wiped off as well.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post

If you are getting streaking it is possible that it is being applied to thick. Ultimate Wax doe snot dry like a traditional wax. It can be wiped on and wiped off as well.
      The paste wax says on the can " Allow to dry to a haze". So you are saying the liquid version is much the same as the Ultimate Fast Finish? Wipe on wipe off?
      To the original poster: I don't get any streaking with the Ultimate Paste Wax. Apply thin. No experience with the liquid version.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
        The paste wax says on the can " Allow to dry to a haze". So you are saying the liquid version is much the same as the Ultimate Fast Finish? Wipe on wipe off?
        To the original poster: I don't get any streaking with the Ultimate Paste Wax. Apply thin. No experience with the liquid version.
        That is correct the paste wax needs to haze. ULW is 3-5 minutes and wipe off. Not exactly wipe on wipe off like UFF. ULW does not dry to a haze. ULW also does not stain trim where the paste version does.

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Definitely not putting it on too thick. I can get 30 full cars treated with one bottle. I was going to try the paste because a few told me it does not streak BUT now you say the paste stains black trim. I do not want that to happen so its back to the drawing board. I will be waiting for the w 27, it looks like..
          Originally posted by The Guz View Post
          Ultimate Wax has no equivalent in the professional line. It is also a pure sealant with no correction ability. In the professional line up, there is M21 which is a pure sealant and the soon to be released M27 which is a ceramic infused sealant.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');