• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show car glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show car glaze

Regarding M7 show car glaze I've been told contradictory information. Does it get applied before wax and sealant or after? Meguiars Instagram told me both

Re: Show car glaze

I've been using old faithful M07 for 40 years and I don't have a definitive answer to that question.
    On older, single-stage paints, I've always used it as the semi-final step before wax, even after doing overnight soaks with M07 before polishing. Many show car people over the years use it an absolute last step, just to amp up the gloss during judging time. I'm not fond of that method, since M07 requires some serious effort for application and will only last thru the first rain or washing. I'd rather lock in the final gloss I've achieved with M07 with a more durable wax. I've always used a carnauba-base wax such as Gold Class in spray or liquid form, or some other low-effort wax as my "night before the show" prep, since I'm afraid that the serious rubbing necessary for removal of M07 may add some swirls on my already-prepped finish.
    On newer urethane basecoat / clearcoat finishes, I've not found M07 to be worth the effort. It just doesn't enhance the gloss and depth like it does to the old single-stage paints.

Bill

Comment

Totally agree with Bill!

He did a great job of articulating the good and bad of #7.

Bill

Comment

I might add that one concern about using a glaze such as M07 would be that it interferes with the bonding of any wax / sealant applied over the glaze, thereby compromising longevity of the protection. I've never found that to be an issue and I've been using M07 since the 70's. My Camino gets waxed after the M07 app, usually with a "beauty wax" such as Gold Class, M26, Wolfgang Fuzion, Blackfire Midnight Sun etc. None of those are known for their longevity, but the use of M07 doesn't seem to affect them.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack View Post
          I've been using old faithful M07 for 40 years and I don't have a definitive answer to that question.
          On older, single-stage paints, I've always used it as the semi-final step before wax, even after doing overnight soaks with M07 before polishing. Many show car people over the years use it an absolute last step, just to amp up the gloss during judging time. I'm not fond of that method, since M07 requires some serious effort for application and will only last thru the first rain or washing. I'd rather lock in the final gloss I've achieved with M07 with a more durable wax. I've always used a carnauba-base wax such as Gold Class in spray or liquid form, or some other low-effort wax as my "night before the show" prep, since I'm afraid that the serious rubbing necessary for removal of M07 may add some swirls on my already-prepped finish.
          On newer urethane basecoat / clearcoat finishes, I've not found M07 to be worth the effort. It just doesn't enhance the gloss and depth like it does to the old single-stage paints.

Bill
          Ok this is pretty much what I do as well. I have used it on clear coats but I agree it's not as effective as it is on single stage. But I like it nonetheless. I love doing using m7 then synthetic sealent 2.0 and topped with gold class wax. I keep it up with gold class quick wax until time for the next polishing.

Comment

"I keep it up with gold class quick wax until time for the next polishing."

How much quick wax do you use to maintain its shine?

Comment

A join the question above

Comment

Originally posted by SkipBalken View Post
                How much quick wax do you use to maintain its shine?[/COLOR]
                I'll use the quick wax once a month and apply fresh liquid gold class wax at the change of every season. In spring is usually when I strip the old wax, clay polish and do the whole thing over again

(This is my new account incase of confusion)

Comment

hmm, will try as you recommend

Comment

Back in the day #7 went on first, the oils are in there to "feed and rejuvenate" the paint. Then put a coat of wax on top for protection.
                    Bill Strobel
                    aka theamcguy
                    Owner Independent Towing
                    Fayetteville, NC
                    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All.

Comment

How did it go? Care to share a photo just to see if the product works.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgrtt123 View Post
                        How did it go? Care to share a photo just to see if the product works.
                        I don't know how to post photos on here but if you have Instagram my page is weekendwarriorautocare I can show you some photos on that easier

But in short it came out phenomenal

Comment

Originally posted by Weekend Warrior Auto Care View Post
                          I don't know how to post photos on here but if you have Instagram my page is weekendwarriorautocare I can show you some photos on that easier

But in short it came out phenomenal
                          Wow, it looks so cool. I have fun looking at the photos on your IG account.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');