• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Carnuba Wax..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Carnuba Wax..

Winter is here in Upstate NY so going thru the tunnel car wash is inevitable..my question is does anyone on here get the Hot Carnuba Wax when they go thru and what are their thoughts on it..

Re: Hot Carnuba Wax..

Personally, I would never use an automated car wash, even the touchless variety. Many use recycled and very dirty, salty water to wash the car. For the most part, I don't wash my car from late December to March. Waste of time and money, as in my location, one only has to drive a few miles, and it is full of salt again. Salt wont hurt paint, and the rest of my cars are fully oiled for winter. As for Hot Wax mixed with water (or cold wax mixed with water) in my opinion, it just stays mixed and will get blown off when the machine blow dries the car. (or drying with a towel) I do not think the physical properties are evident that proves the wax actually stays on the car and only the water is removed. The only way for the wax to stay on the car is to not dry the car, and let the water evaporate and the wax remains but I guarantee you that will look like s...........well you know the word.

Comment

I highly doubt it is actual hot carnauba wax. It is were, it would cool as soon as it hit the delivery tubs and outside air. Most likely it is just a spray on wax. What you also need to consider is that those touchless car wash use detergents that are strong enough to remove dirt. So it is also most likely removing any protection on the paint as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
        I highly doubt it is actual hot carnauba wax. It is were, it would cool as soon as it hit the delivery tubs and outside air. Most likely it is just a spray on wax. What you also need to consider is that those touchless car wash use detergents that are strong enough to remove dirt. So it is also most likely removing any protection on the paint as well.
        I completely agree with you on the detergents used at touch free carwash's..as far as drive thru tunnel wash's I try whenever possible to go thru after a somewhat clean car..lol..

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');