• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing commercial vehicles with vinyl letetring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing commercial vehicles with vinyl letetring

Anything to be mindful of running a DA with some foam pads over vinyl lettering? Different pads?

I have 3 company cars with lettering I want to hit up with cleaner wax to remove scuffs, brighten the white paint etc. This will not involve any major paint correction. These are work trucks after all.

Re: Detailing commercial vehicles with vinyl letetring

Originally posted by JuddGA View Post
    Anything to be mindful of running a DA with some foam pads over vinyl lettering? Different pads?

I have 3 company cars with lettering I want to hit up with cleaner wax to remove scuffs, brighten the white paint etc. This will not involve any major paint correction. These are work trucks after all.
    Running a polisher over vinyl will cause it to become shiny. So don't run it over matte vinyl. Regardless, I'd not hit vinyl for longer then a couple of seconds in any case.

Comment

No issues at all, just be mindful of them being there, maybe ease up the pressure on the pad and lower the speed of you have any concerns but I generally just treat them like paint.

Comment

A D.A. polisher CAN damage lettering!

Obviously the age and condition of the vinyl will play a part as to how strongly they are bonded to the surface, but take care because if you snag an edge and it lifts a little then it's usually the beginning of the end for that letter's bonding to the surface.

Some people will say it won't cause an issue, but be warned, I have seen otherwise!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');