• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soap for Foam Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap for Foam Cannon

I was just wondering what is everyone's thoughts on the best soap for a foam cannon. I am pretty brand loyal to Meguiar's, but if there is one that is just hands down better I would be interested to know. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Soap for Foam Cannon

What are you looking for in a soap? Some soaps provide a thick "shaving cream" style application when used via foam cannon where other are more runny and watery. Both do the same thing for a pre-wash soak. For example, Megs wash and wax soap, which is purple in color, (not ultimate wash and wax which is yellow in color) is more runny and watery. Megs Hyperwash and Gold Class soap foam much better. I find 3 oz of Hyperwash foams the same as 4 oz of Gold Class. There are 4 options for getting a thicker "shaving cream" style of application during the foaming process: 1) use more soap ; 2) use DI water ; 3) use a pressure washer with higher GPM ratings ; 4) use a smaller orifice (1.1) in the foam cannon.

Something to mention: the thicker the foam, the more water used to wash it off the car and get out of crevices (which can be annoying if trying to do a quick wash). Thicker doesn't mean better in terms of cleaning abilities nor does it necessarily mean less chance of micro-marring.

Comment

I guess I would like to have the foam be thicker and maybe hang around on the car a little longer. I appreciate the detailed response it makes a lot of sense. I actually already have some Hyper wash so that will work out. Still interested in some other opinions as well. Thanks

Comment

So D110 Hyper-Wash is the best one if I want thickest "shaving cream" foam or are there any other soaps of there that would produce thicker foam?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');