• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound Issue

I had a small rock chip/scratch on the fender on a dark blue metallic F150. I used a very small amount of Ultimate Compound and a thick nap microfiber. I made the mistake of using the tip of my finger now I have a darker blue circle around the chip where I used the ultimate compound. I'm assuming I only cleaned the paint and did no clear coat damage?. The truck is a 2019 so the paint is still in excellent condition

Re: Ultimate Compound Issue

without a picture it is impossible to answer your question. With that said, hand application of UC with a MF towel will be nearly impossible to remove clear coat let alone enough for there to be a visible damage. It is more likely that UC removed some fine scratches surrounding the paint chip making the appearance of the paint to be darker. Scratches appear "white" against dark colored paint due to the light refractions against the marring/scratching of the paint. If you remove then, the paint will look more "wet" and in some instances darker.

Comment

BJArnold1
      Finger tips can be aggressive.
      Hopefully you have not washed your microfiber cloth.
      Look at the cloth to see if you have the blue base coat color on it.
      If so, you may have gone through the clear coat.
      There could be a small amount from the area that was around the edge of the chip.

If you have something like Ultimate Polish, M110 or M105, you might try a lighter application around the outer part to see if it cleans the paint to the darker blue.
      When working by hand, use a pad that helps keep the pressure even on the bottom the pad to minimize finger pressures.
      Here is a link to the "WORKING BY HAND" forum.

Comment

You can use this procedure to move images into your Gallery on the Meguiar's Online Forums server.
        The procedure will tell how to add it to a post.
        https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ghlight=images

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');