• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USED scotchbrite kitchen sponge to remove tar=matte swirls/scratches in car coat HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USED scotchbrite kitchen sponge to remove tar=matte swirls/scratches in car coat HELP

I have a 2003 white Yukon. Literally still looks new in and out. I treat it well. I stupidly used the green scrubby part of a yellow/green Scotchbrite kitchen sponge to get tar spots off. This left scratches/swirls that are matte n noticeable from side with lighting or in sun. Probably about 8 sites on one door and 10-12 lil spots in rear lift gate. I haven

Re: USED scotchbrite kitchen sponge to remove tar=matte swirls/scratches in car coat

Srhpilot,

Before you feel too bad you should know that you are not the only one. This is a semi-regular scenario.

Not sure if you are working by hand or machine but you will likely want to give our Ultimate Compound a try in hopes of removing the scratches.
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');