Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meguiars Ultimate Compound

Registered Member

Angry Meguiars Ultimate Compound

Hi everyone, i have wanted to polish and bring back the shine on the bonnet of my car which i think has oxidation(it just looks dull and not shiny) so i clayed the bonnet and decided to use ultimate compound. I didnt get much of a difference using a machine but then noticed some marks and imprints the compound has left behind. Wtf is going on!

https://ibb.co/t4vbfcP

Registered Member

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Compound

A little difficult to see from the pictures as it doesn't seem to be of high resolution. I suppose you are referring to the somewhat dull finish, which is some type of marring left behind after using compound. Have you tried following it up with Ultimate Polish? That should bring the shine back and should be done every time after compound is used.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by White_Turbo View Post
    A little difficult to see from the pictures as it doesn't seem to be of high resolution. I suppose you are referring to the somewhat dull finish, which is some type of marring left behind after using compound. Have you tried following it up with Ultimate Polish? That should bring the shine back and should be done every time after compound is used.

If you can zoom up on the picture it you can see the marks it has left behind, I just bought the ultimate compound expecting to get my paint clear and shiny but it made it worse. I don’t want to spend more money on the polish if it’s not going to make a difference. How can I make the picture clearer?

The rock chips up towards the front?

Ultimate Compound usually leaves a great finish. The polish is designed to deliver even more gloss after.

What was yoir method of application? Hand? If so, what type of applicator did you use?

If by machine, what kind of pad?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by drumdan View Post
    The rock chips up towards the front?

Ultimate Compound usually leaves a great finish. The polish is designed to deliver even more gloss after.

What was yoir method of application? Hand? If so, what type of applicator did you use?

If by machine, what kind of pad?

I applied it with a machine with a soft microfibre pad, and its not the rockchips im worried about its those small white lines the compound has left(also the polish didnt remove water spots and bird droppings) im not sure if you can see it in the picture but if you zoom in you should be able to. Is it worth getting the car detailed professionally as i think they will remove all the imperfections.

What machine? It is hard to tell from that photo you posted on what we should be looking at.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    What machine? It is hard to tell from that photo you posted on what we should be looking at.
    Its a cheap rockwell 8 inch DA polisher, how can i upload a better picture so you guys can see what im tlling about.

Registered Member

He is another picture more close up, zoom up to see the white lines i am talking about and also the dull finish.

https://imgur.com/0qS2WPR

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertiger652 View Post
    I applied it with a machine with a soft microfibre pad, and its not the rockchips im worried about its those small white lines the compound has left(also the polish didnt remove water spots and bird droppings) im not sure if you can see it in the picture but if you zoom in you should be able to. Is it worth getting the car detailed professionally as i think they will remove all the imperfections.
    Those white lines are called "crows feet".

The only way to fix that is to re paint.

This happened to one of my cars in the past. Not much can be done to prevent this type of thing, unfortunately. More than likely Ultimate Compound revealed this condition.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by drumdan View Post
    Those white lines are called "crows feet".

The only way to fix that is to re paint.

This happened to one of my cars in the past. Not much can be done to prevent this type of thing, unfortunately. More than likely Ultimate Compound revealed this condition.
    dang thats not good to hear. Is it just the clear thats affected or the base coat aswell. If so i would prefer to sand down the clear and shoot some more on, and for the rest of the car i think the previous owner has used the brushes at those car wash places and has scratched the paint. I have used scratchx 2.0 and remove those scratches but not that happy and want a better finish. What should i do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information