• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some feedback on my work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some feedback on my work

This is my first attempt in paint correction on my own car, so I really don't know how it will turn out until I pull the car out under the sun this weekend. So far, I have been using a DA and Scratch X 2.0 primarily just because I am new to this, so I don't want to go too aggressive with the product and the paint of my car is actually in pretty good shape for a 10 year old car.

Here is the progress of the A-pillar which is a gloss black finish. I hit it with two rounds of Scratch X 2.0, I think the result is satisfying to me, but just want to get some opinion from you guys. I probably could step up the aggressiveness a little and may get a better result? Man....I am glad my car isn't black though, what a pain to get black right.

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Need some feedback on my work

Looks like you are getting good results. Also looks like you could use a finishing polish like ultimate polish to further refine the finish and clear up that DA haze left behind by scratchx.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Looks like you are getting good results. Also looks like you could use a finishing polish like ultimate polish to further refine the finish and clear up that DA haze left behind by scratchx.
      I agree you need soemsort of finishing polish. Meguiars has a few. I like #9 but you can go finer. good luck

Comment

Thanks guys. I will go over the car with M210. I just wanted to get some opinion to see if I should do a few more pass or with more aggressive product to further reduce the glare around the light source (not sure if that is worth chasing to be honest).

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');