• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid vs. hybrid ceramic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Liquid vs. hybrid ceramic

Ok,

Just a hobbyist, who tries to keep my vehicle in good shape. Ordered a new car from the factory; it will be here in a few weeks. Just a daily driver, and I told the dealer not to wash or wax it, just give it to me, I'll take it home and get to know it. I've used the Ultimate Liquid for a few years on my current car, and I like it, but with a bottle that just ran out and needing a new one for the arrival of the new car, I saw the new hybrid ceramic, and am wondering if I should switch.

How does the hybrid ceramic compare in terms of gloss, protection, and longevity?

I don't much care about ease of application, the ultimate liquid was fine for me. I enjoy using a day to wash, clay, wax, and I add in a compound and polish step prior to the wax every now and then, as needed. And by protection, I don't mean how small the water beads get, I don't care about that, I'm not doing this to boast to friends about how "my wax is better than yours." I care about protection from bird droppings, bug splats, repelling dirt and dust, making the car easier to wash, and generally protecting the clear coat over the long term. I do love that glossy, just waxed look though.

Re: Ultimate Liquid vs. hybrid ceramic

See Nick's post here.

While you are at it you can pick this up.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

[QUOTE=The Guz;594039]

The Guz...you are one of the most proficient and knowledgeable people on this site. I think the OP was asking for experience in using these products, not Nick's sales pitch. Nick is a salesman for Meguires, and not an objective source to be pointed to. . Yes, Mequires has great products, but I think he was asking about real world experience. As for my self, I have never used the Meguir's ceramic, but there is another product 100 times better. No bashing but go on Youtube and look for Merguiars Ceramic versus another product ....ah hell I might get banned...but Turtle Wax Seal and shine.... kills Meguires every time. I have used it and it is wonderful.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blueline;594041]
        Originally posted by The Guz View Post

The Guz...you are one of the most proficient and knowledgeable people on this site. I think the OP was asking for experience in using these products, not Nick's sales pitch. Nick is a salesman for Meguires, and not an objective source to be pointed to. . Yes, Mequires has great products, but I think he was asking about real world experience. As for my self, I have never used the Meguir's ceramic, but there is another product 100 times better. No bashing but go on Youtube and look for Merguiars Ceramic versus another product ....ah hell I might get banned...but Turtle Wax Seal and shine.... kills Meguires every time. I have used it and it is wonderful.
        Sometimes one has to take a leap of faith to try something new. Good for you to find something you like. It is often said find what you like and use it often. I would have to disagree with you on your statement about Nick being a salesman. I have met him in a person a few times and he is a no BS kind of person. So with that said Nick has mentioned in that post I linked exactly what the OP is asking for.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

[QUOTE=Blueline;594041]
          Originally posted by The Guz View Post

not from my experience. Megs seems to be easier to get off and streaks less then TW S & S.

Comment

Well, after a looonnggg covid related delay, it finally came in. About 2 weeks old, got out today to clay, ultimate polish, and ulw. Used the DA power system for the polish, takes a while but does the job. I am happy with the result!

Last edited by pcray1231; Jul 20, 2020, 05:17 PM. Reason: Add pictures

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');