Ultimate Liquid vs. hybrid ceramic

Thread: Ultimate Liquid vs. hybrid ceramic

Registered Member

Ultimate Liquid vs. hybrid ceramic

Ok,

Just a hobbyist, who tries to keep my vehicle in good shape. Ordered a new car from the factory; it will be here in a few weeks. Just a daily driver, and I told the dealer not to wash or wax it, just give it to me, I'll take it home and get to know it. I've used the Ultimate Liquid for a few years on my current car, and I like it, but with a bottle that just ran out and needing a new one for the arrival of the new car, I saw the new hybrid ceramic, and am wondering if I should switch.

How does the hybrid ceramic compare in terms of gloss, protection, and longevity?

I don't much care about ease of application, the ultimate liquid was fine for me. I enjoy using a day to wash, clay, wax, and I add in a compound and polish step prior to the wax every now and then, as needed. And by protection, I don't mean how small the water beads get, I don't care about that, I'm not doing this to boast to friends about how "my wax is better than yours." I care about protection from bird droppings, bug splats, repelling dirt and dust, making the car easier to wash, and generally protecting the clear coat over the long term. I do love that glossy, just waxed look though.

Re: Ultimate Liquid vs. hybrid ceramic

[QUOTE=The Guz;594039]

The Guz...you are one of the most proficient and knowledgeable people on this site. I think the OP was asking for experience in using these products, not Nick's sales pitch. Nick is a salesman for Meguires, and not an objective source to be pointed to. . Yes, Mequires has great products, but I think he was asking about real world experience. As for my self, I have never used the Meguir's ceramic, but there is another product 100 times better. No bashing but go on Youtube and look for Merguiars Ceramic versus another product ....ah hell I might get banned...but Turtle Wax Seal and shine.... kills Meguires every time. I have used it and it is wonderful.

[QUOTE=Blueline;594041]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

The Guz...you are one of the most proficient and knowledgeable people on this site. I think the OP was asking for experience in using these products, not Nick's sales pitch. Nick is a salesman for Meguires, and not an objective source to be pointed to. . Yes, Mequires has great products, but I think he was asking about real world experience. As for my self, I have never used the Meguir's ceramic, but there is another product 100 times better. No bashing but go on Youtube and look for Merguiars Ceramic versus another product ....ah hell I might get banned...but Turtle Wax Seal and shine.... kills Meguires every time. I have used it and it is wonderful.
    Sometimes one has to take a leap of faith to try something new. Good for you to find something you like. It is often said find what you like and use it often. I would have to disagree with you on your statement about Nick being a salesman. I have met him in a person a few times and he is a no BS kind of person. So with that said Nick has mentioned in that post I linked exactly what the OP is asking for.

Registered Member

[QUOTE=Blueline;594041]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

not from my experience. Megs seems to be easier to get off and streaks less then TW S & S.

Thread Information