• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trim Staining and other Obsessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Staining and other Obsessions

After a looong hiatus while I was getting my triplets off to college I'm back with a new 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I'll have to admit that burgundy is my favorite color but I'm so anal that I absolutely hate how dark cars are always dirty and show every blemish. Can you say gray on gray? I also dislike how black interiors make you feel closed in and show every spec of dust. So my JGC is white with a tan interior.

Anyway, I've always used A12 Cleaner Wax followed by NXT. I'm out of both but have some M20 and picked up some Ultimate Liquid Wax. None of my vehicles has ever had much trim but the Jeep has a LOT of it and taping is time consuming. How's the M20 for staining trim? I know the ULW doesn't stain. And boy does it smell good!...kinda like that girl in HS but I digress as I love the smell of Megs products: https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ion&highlight=

Re: Trim Staining and other Obsessions

I used M62 and clayed with LT but other than a few specs on the rear there was nothing on the clear coat. The GC Limited has black trim all the way around the bottom and fenders and on the roof rails so I did the trim by hand using my fingernails against the trim to keep the pad off it. Worked well and quickly. I have a tin of M16 so I used that on the hood. Second coat elsewhere was ULW. Used my old PC to do the M20 Saturday afternoon and second coat Sunday morning, used 40 for the trim and ASD for the tires. Looks good but then it's boring white.

Comment

Re: Trim Staining and other Obsessions

I like M20. It has a slight cleaning ability that I think you'll see the benefits of on your white paint. Flipside of that is, you may not let it get dirty enough to need the cleaning ability feature. As for staining, I'd lean towards saying it will. That's why we tape off everything! Once you do it a few times, it'll go pretty quick. That little bit of time spent will save you time cleaning it off at a later date (sometimes months after application, when it starts to dry white).

With that brand new paint, it's a great time to try some of the new ceramic options. Jus sayin.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');