• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Ceramic Spray every month, or Ultimate Liquid Wax 3 times a year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Ceramic Spray every month, or Ultimate Liquid Wax 3 times a year ?

Hello and nice to meet you,

I live in Santorini Greece, a harsh environment for cars (dusty air, hot sun, morning dew, no garage, you name it).
    I wash my cars every month with microfibers and two buckets etc.

I am interested in protecting the car from the sun. I am not into "serious" detailing because I don't even have a garage.

I like either of those two strategies. Which one would you suggest ?

1. Use Hybrid Ceramic Spray every two months (after every second wash) or even after each wash (every one month).

or

2. Use Ultimate Liquid Wax on April, June and September and let it remove itself during the winter (the sun is much weaker during winter so I would rather use
    this time to let the wax "reset" itself so I don't have build-ups).

I prefer [1] because it is easier to apply correctly, but does it protect the car anywhere near as the Ultimate ?
    And does it "grab" on the paint directly ? Or does it require a wax to sit on ?

On the other hand, [2] Ultimate seems much better, but the rubbing outdoors is tricky, because there is no way I can free the car from contaminants outdoors.
    As soon as I have dried the last panel of the car, there is dust on the panel I dried first.

What do you think ? Thanks for putting up with my ignorance!

Dimitris Greece

Re: Hybrid Ceramic Spray every month, or Ultimate Liquid Wax 3 times a year ?

I vote ULW 3 times a year and ceramic detailer every 2 weeks in between

Comment

Makes sense, thank you.

If I leave the car unwaxed througout the winter (just washing it once a month), say from November to April,
      will the waxes completely remove themselves automatically ?

Comment

Originally posted by dtrip View Post
        Makes sense, thank you.

If I leave the car unwaxed througout the winter (just washing it once a month), say from November to April,
        will the waxes completely remove themselves automatically ?
        Well, the waxes are meant to wear off slowly, so the paint doesnt, so the waxes will partially or mostly gone after that long. The ceramic things last longer, but similar idea.

But with the wax gone, the dirt would be bonding to the paint. So you would want some sort of cleaning step before waxing again, or a cleaner/wax.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');