• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from NorCal (Just Applied M27!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from NorCal (Just Applied M27!)

Hi all,

Have been using MOL as a resource for questions for years now, most of y'all have taught me a lot with fundamentals like decon, prep, and polishing techniques, and finally decided to join in after preforming my first paint correction (that actually had results! haha). I'm finishing my mechanical engineering degree in may and looking for professional work finally, and got the opportunity to purchase a new car (black on black 2016 Ford Focus RS) back on November 2019. It came in pretty decent condition, interior was virtually spot free and brand new, but exterior came equipped with some fantastic dealer installed swirls.

After dealing with them for a few months with proper wash and care maintenance I was finally able to sit down and work the defects out. With spring break just starting up and my order of M27 delivered I set apart a few days and polished the car out (which the instructions of M27 suggested as well). Basic steps were wash, no clay (deconed, clayed, and sealed with M21 day of purchase), panel wiped with 10% IPA solution, and polished with M205 and yellow Rupes rotary pads on Makita polisher. Unbelievable how easy the Rupes rotary pads are to use and how well they finish down with good technique! One more panel wipe with 10% IPA on went the M27 (2 coats). It didn't feel all that slick on application, and after about 8 hours not much better, I'll start a separate thread for that because I'm not sure I applied it correctly.

Car looks awesome, no DIS, and the rotary and M205 pretty much took care of any other scratches. Pics to come but attached are some before and after shots. Sorry about the dust, no access to enclosed garage had to preform all this outside in the shade!

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to learn more and contribute as well!

Re: Hi from NorCal (Just Applied M27!)

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

What did you think of the M27 and the way it practically disappears!!?

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
        What did you think of the M27 and the way it practically disappears!!?
        That was far out, putting it on a black car I had to follow with a flashlight to make sure there was something there before it leveled out haha was never too confident

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');