• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blacked Out Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacked Out Taillights

Anyone know of or try this? Some say it looks cheap but some use a complex clear coating process and wetsanding to get them to look nice. I know some use Testors Transparent and most use a product called Nite Shades. I was thinking of trying candy apple red clearcoat to rid the amber color but decided "blacked out" looks better but i'm afraid I will get pulled over a lot.

What's your guys view on this?

Think this looks good? (Photoshopped)

Thanks again. Comments appreciated, bad or good!
    '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
    '01 Jeep Cherokee

I like the lenses tinted but not that dark. I really like them on a dark car better than a light one. I do a couple MB'Z that have them lightly tinted just enough to take the RED out and they look really trick !

I guess its the same as the white tails, I like them on some light cars but not on a dark car. I like smooth and subtle.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

I too like them better on a dark color car... but with your jeep the seem to go with the other black trim you have.

Like you said the big problem will be getting pulled over and for some reason if you got rear ended by someone would the "Blackouts" cause a problem for you... such as you being at fault?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');