• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings and salutations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings and salutations.

Brand new to these forums. Have been a detailing enthusiast for years, but still am an apprentice in action. Current project is removing paint from my wife's car: paint container fell off of a contractor's truck - I believe latex house paint. I'm currently trying to figure out how to upload photos of progress. A little background, Hurricane Michael hit Panama City and didn't directly hurt my cars but the aftermath with all the construction vehicles and their hauls: nails, rocks, cement, paint, and all other construction materials, have been hell to other vehicles.

Re: Greetings and salutations.

Check this thread by RoushStage2. It is a little more up to date on instructions for uploading and adding images and easier to follow.

How to upload and insert an image into your posts

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...ighlight=image

Comment

Welcome jkat! Good luck with the paint removal. It can be tedious, but if you have some patience in your bag, and maybe some Motsenbocker's Graffiti Remover, you should be fine.

Comment

So far mothers synthetic clay (using wash bucket as lube) and megs scratch x have worked on painted panels, blue scotch scrubber sponge and dawn (very long and tedious with tons of elbow grease) worked on trim. Last part I need to figure is wheel wells. I failed at goo gone & motsenbocker's adhesive remover. I see there's motsenbocker's latex paint remover would that work better than graffiti remover/ lift off #4 ?

Comment

I tried several of the Motsenbocker products until I landed on the Graffiti Remover, it seems to work better, on more kinds of paint. Dwell time is a necessity. Don't expect a spray on, wipe off type of process. Let it sit on there at least 10 min, without letting it dry if you're working outside. Plastic razor blade and a net covered sponge are good for the actual removal tools.

Comment

Welcome jkat70. Good luck with your current endeavour.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');