• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the machine ultimate compound & polish remove my old ceramic coat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the machine ultimate compound & polish remove my old ceramic coat?

Hi, how is everyone doing? Thank you for let me join, I am starting look into detailing my own car with meguiar products. I am newbie to it , I do try to watch all the video's online learn much as possible. My car had Siramik Glasscoat done by professional a year ago and always maintenence by him also. But I can see there is loads of swirl and scartch marks now, it getting too expensive to just getting maintenance by him like clean and wash the car inside out. As the swirl scartch marks still there , so I want to start learn to detailing myself. Before investing the MT320 DUAL ACTION POLISHER , will machine ultimate compound and polish can remove my old coating? Is there thread about it ? Thank you

Re: Will the machine ultimate compound & polish remove my old ceramic coat?

Welcome to MOL. In short yes. Anything abrasive will remove a coating. I am not familiar with that exact coating but again most coatings are removed with an abrasive compound or polish.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I agree with The Guz. Also, keep in mind, with any correction/detailing process, your pad choice will be important too. I can't imagine a coating not coming off with a compound and a microfiber cutting pad, although admittedly, I have not done a correction on the specific coating you mentioned. My advice would be to start with a polishing pad and some Ultimate polish and see what that does, after working a small section. If it doesn't affect the swirls and scratches, gradually get more agressive with your product or your pad. Grab a six pack, and enjoy the process.

Comment

yea Siramik Glasscoat diamas professionali coating , might be because i live in uk. Thank you for your advice

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');