• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Quik wax with Ultimate paste wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Quik wax with Ultimate paste wax

Just recently purchased a 2020 Silverado, black in color, want to give it a good detailing next time its nice, I plan on claying and waxing with ultimate paste wax, once I do that would I be better off using gold class quik wax to give it that carnuba look or would I be better off using ultimate quik wax. this is my daily driver and its parked outside but gets washed at least every week if its not raining.

Re: Gold Class Quik wax with Ultimate paste wax

Welcome to MOL. It is going to be personal preference. The other thing to consider is ultimate quick wax will leave protection behind between the two.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Welcome to MOL. It is going to be personal preference. The other thing to consider is ultimate quick wax will leave protection behind between the two.

oh ok does the gold class quik wax not have any protection? just the darkening affect?

Comment

Originally posted by fireman3214 View Post
        oh ok does the gold class quik wax not have any protection? just the darkening affect?
        I think he meant to say better protection....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by fireman3214 View Post
          That is correct. Gold Class does not offer protection at least that is what I recall from posts here. It was designed to darken the paint. You might notice a change in water behavior but that is because the surface tension will change until the first wash is complete.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Totally OT...

See your location (Everett), is that the one in Washington?

Lived in 'South County' for better than 40 years...

WELCOME to the 'party'!

To add, if your are in search for Meguiar products (other than OTC stuff), Evergreen Auto Body was my 'go to' for many years.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');