• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing in full sun..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing in full sun..

Not sure if this has ever been asked.. I know the rule has always been never wash a vehicle in direct sunlight..but can it be done if absolutely necessary..

Re: Washing in full sun..

do a panel at a time allowing the water to cool the surface and dry immediately after- it might work. i found even white paint gets hot pretty quick and water spots form quicklike.

Comment

The biggest problem is the water will dry and water spot very quickly. You can try keeping all the pannels wet and then dry very quickly drying the pannels in the sun first starting with windows. Good luck

Comment

Yeah, its just a matter of surface temp and stuff drying. Esp if yo have hard water.

So winter sun will be different from summer sun, and morning to mid-day...

Just try to keep it coolish... same for polishing and waxing...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Order a gallon of Superior Formula 4 Liquid Wax. Mix it 10 parts water to 1 part wax in spray bottle and when you rinse off your car spray each panel with it. You can see it break down the water causing it to bead and roll off. You can then either rinse it off from top down and dry car or do what I do and spray it on and spread it around as you dry. No water spot. If you do get a water spot it just wipes right off.

Comment

interesting, post a uk pound sign and the rest of the post doesnt get listed.

Comment

Comment

only
                Last edited by NorthantsPete; Aug 11, 2020, 01:41 AM. Reason: post broken, not posted full post

Comment

this is frustrating, its not posting al my text. forums bug.

I ALWAYS wash in sun

I like the challenge, and have found a solution.

I like the drying, if done in shade the car stays too wet.

Just first cool the panels down with a hose, then when cool ,wash as normal. Then do any detailing you see fit and rewash if needed.

Always keep the panel wet, then as you dry down, spray some detailer on each panel, ive used carplan hi-rinse in a sprayer as its only 9 quid for 5 litres then dilluted further (so i can be very liberal and wasteful) but you can use ultimate quik wax aswell, a light spray though less is more (and costs more)

youll find no water spots

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');