• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing compound then Cleaner Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polishing compound then Cleaner Wax?

Update....
    so got back to polishing boat, by hand that is, got a heavy duty rubbing compound that works better than other I had then Megs cleaner wax then Ultimate Wax, WOW, it’s looking so much better, very nice shine and depth on both colors white and blue, doing research on type of pads to use for buffer, I have an orbital so I dug it out so will be getting some pads soon but until then it’s elbow grease. Will probably end up trying marine specific products but one thing they say they’ll hold up to salt water well, so boat isn’t in salt water ever so makes me hesitate a bit but still reading up on the whole aspect of it all, trial and error, see how well these products hold up, I’ll use up what i have then look into marine type. My boat is 30yrs old and paint is in pretty good condition.

Comment

Final Update,
      so after the sloooow “by hand” process with very little progress picked up a rotary buffer, tried my old orbital, said forget this, so also got a foam cutting pad and foam finish pad. The results are outstanding!! I used Megs 2 fine cut cleaner followed by a cleaner wax (paste) then finished with Ultimate wax. Just the top of boat that gets all the sun is white and dull like a matte finish, I’m sure it was glossy at one time, was able to bring it out some but was afraid to go with high rpm’s but sure I’ll try a small part to see what happens, the side of boat is like a mirror now just not sure how high of rpm’s to use, might come out little better with higher rpm’s. I didn’t use rotary to apply or remove final wax, did it by hand, not sure If applying and removing wax with machine is better than by hand, still trying to figure that out, but I’m on my way to a shining boat, I appreciate the help on forum.

Comment

Glad it is working out for you.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');