• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove metal flake from spray paint from car paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove metal flake from spray paint from car paint

Hey guys.

So metal flake from a spray paint got onto my car and I can't get it off. It seems to almost be embedded into the clear coat.

Story: I was spray painting and the wind carried this stuff and it's all over my car now. I have a black 2001 Mustang GT. The flakes inside the paint are now stuck on my car and won't come off and it looks horrible. I own and have tried the following.

Meguiar's G110V2

Cleaned car with foam cannon and wax stripper soap
    Clay bared the car
    Meguiar's Yellow Foam Polishing Disk
    Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

I tried 3 seperate times in a small area to get the flakes out of my paint and they are still there. I first did 4 passes on a small area (2 passes up and down while overlapping, 2 passes side to side) at speed 4. Then bumped it up to 5 and did the same thing. Metal flakes are still in the paint and will not come out. It's almost like they are embedded into there. I'm at a loss on what to do. I even tried Iron Remover in hopes that it'd react to the metal and no dice.

Any tips on what to do? Do I need a more aggressive pad with more aggressive compound to get this done? I'd greatly appreciate any and all help. The flakes seem to be embedded in the clear coat so I don't think any type of paint thinner will work.
    When I run my hand over the paint where the embedded flakes are it's super smooth.

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');