• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain and Ultimate Quik Wax Curing Questions - and a 34-Year Meguiar's Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain and Ultimate Quik Wax Curing Questions - and a 34-Year Meguiar's Customer

I have been using Meguiar's prodcuts since 1986 and on over a dozen vehicles, foreign and domestic. I recall the old days and having to order the Mirror Glaze products by mail from California. Like many detail-crazy folks, I've tried a lot of the high-cost stuff. I still have never found anything that is a better value-for-dollar, or higher performer, than the Meguiar's line. I'm perhaps a purist - done are my days of experimenting with 57 combinations of waxes/polishes. I don't have the time these days, and I don't find it necessary. Ultimate Quik Wast (paste for me) and Ultimate Quik Detailer to keep it looking nice. That simple formula does it for me.

I was looking up the whole idea of layering and stumbled on the Forum. So I joined, finding it quite interesting. I had also been reading up here on cross-lonking and cure times.

So - yesterday I applied UQW and only got about 4 hours of curing/cross-linking time before it poured, and it's still wet out and the car is outside, wet. Is that going to hinder proper curing/cross-linking? Should I apply it again to get the 12-24 curing time?

Re: Rain and Ultimate Quik Wax Curing Questions - and a 34-Year Meguiar's Customer

It will be fine... just apply another mist of the UQW after your next wash...

Its great while doing a final drying wipe around.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');