• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions about using same products on different pieces and ceramic coating questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about using same products on different pieces and ceramic coating questions

wheels and tires
    for cleaning how does the iron decon or citrus power plus cleaner compare to the d143 wheel cleaner? i will be using the iron decon for ceramic prep and citrious for interior

cermanic coating prep
    what soap is recommended to use before iron decon?
    then i would correct the paint
    then clean the oils with m122 or a ipa. not sure which one ill go with

after cermanic coating
    what soap is reccommended?
    then m799

glass
    also if anyone has info on removing water spots from glass
    what do you use to wipe down glass cleaner to leave streak free? ive really only had success with newspaper. but ive only used windex. i dont know if that makes a difference

any info would be appreciated thanks

Re: questions about using same products on different pieces and ceramic coating quest

wheels and tires
    for cleaning how does the iron decon or citrus power plus cleaner compare to the d143 wheel cleaner? i will be using the iron decon for ceramic prep and citrious for interior
    The D143 Wheel Cleaner is more of a general cleaner... wont really dissolve the iron/rust. So both are good... I would tend to use something like the Iron Decon every few months or so for the deep clean.. not every time. Same as paint.

cermanic coating prep
    what soap is recommended to use before iron decon?
    then i would correct the paint
    then clean the oils with m122 or a ipa. not sure which one ill go with
    Well, I'll just say when I used other iron/tar removers, I had better luck washing after. Or before and after, depending how bad the other grime is. Not sure how the Meguiars will compare.

after cermanic coating
    what soap is reccommended?
    then m799
    Any of the standard soaps like Gold Class would be fine... you wouldnt want a Wash and Wax.

glass
    also if anyone has info on removing water spots from glass
    what do you use to wipe down glass cleaner to leave streak free? ive really only had success with newspaper. but ive only used windex. i dont know if that makes a difference
    You can certainly clay the glass, and if needed use something like Ult. Compound by hand to clean the glass better.

I have also had good luck with applying RainX after, and that seems to dissolve some spots.

On the exterior glass, I have been fine with the Meguiars glass cleaners and MF towels. And RainX follow up.

On the interior, I have had to get creative sometimes... seems like my current car needs water and Dawn dishsoap every so often on the inside glass.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: questions about using same products on different pieces and ceramic coating quest

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      The D143 Wheel Cleaner is more of a general cleaner... wont really dissolve the iron/rust. So both are good... I would tend to use something like the Iron Decon every few months or so for the deep clean.. not every time. Same as paint.

Well, I'll just say when I used other iron/tar removers, I had better luck washing after. Or before and after, depending how bad the other grime is. Not sure how the Meguiars will compare.

Any of the standard soaps like Gold Class would be fine... you wouldnt want a Wash and Wax.

You can certainly clay the glass, and if needed use something like Ult. Compound by hand to clean the glass better.

I have also had good luck with applying RainX after, and that seems to dissolve some spots.

On the exterior glass, I have been fine with the Meguiars glass cleaners and MF towels. And RainX follow up.

On the interior, I have had to get creative sometimes... seems like my current car needs water and Dawn dishsoap every so often on the inside glass.
      thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');