• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cross Hatch Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Hatch Scratches

Hey all,

Not sure how active this forum is, but figured I would give it a try. I have been trying to fix cross hatching scratches in my 2007 silver volvo. Last year I tried fine cut cleaner number 2 from the glaze line. This year I am trying the ultimate compound. This year, and last, I used a DA from harbor freight with a red mequires pad. Now, I am no pro, only my second time trying to correct the clear coat, but it seems like the ultimate compound didn't really do much. Is there another product I should try before I give up? The car really looks great, but when you look at the car with the sun beating down on it you can notice these scratches. Bothers me! When I do something i try to do it the best, but thus far I am not getting the results I desire.

Thanks!

Re: Cross Hatch Scratches

Welcome to the forum. Any chance you could get pics of the scratches? What make of car? Did you do a proper decontamination prior to attempting paint correction?

Comment

Re: Cross Hatch Scratches

Thanks for the welcome Briarpatch. I will have to get some pictures tonight. It is a 2007 Silver Volvo S40. The steps I took are as follows, wash with mequires gold class and 2 bucket method, clay bar (tried mothers, didn't really like it the clay was tacky on the hand), ultimate polish with a red pad and DA, and last I used the ultimate wax with a black pad and DA.

As mentioned, I was using a harbor freight DA. I had the speed between 3-4. Tried a spot on the hood 3 times and it didn't seem like I was getting results. I think some of the scratches are gone, but it is really hard to say.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');