• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use on smaller pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use on smaller pieces

Hi everyone

New to polishing and I am very confused as to what equipment to buy, I will be colour sanding and buffing a motorcycle tank, mudguards and small side panels soon after I have base and clear coated them. So the clear coat will be clean and good (I hope).

I have done lots of reading and I think rotary would be out of my skill base, so that leave DA or perhaps an attachment for a drill or by hand. The reason I am asking is the pieces I need to do are much smaller than a car or car panels so I don't want to get equipment that is to big for the job.

So my questions are please:

What machine or attachment would you recommend for pieces this small?

What pads, creams and polishes would you recommend?

I know this question has been a lot but it is confusing for me and also given the size of the pieces, so any help or direction would be fantastic.

Cheers

Ian

Re: What to use on smaller pieces

Most dual action polishers will have the option to buy a smaller backing plate, say 3", for use on the bike panels.

Comment

Re: What to use on smaller pieces

Hi

Thanks very much for replying appreciate it.

I’ll have a look into that, I am wondering if you can get mini DAs, if yes would they be just as effective.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');