• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic liquid Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic liquid Wax

I like to use Meguair's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax and im wondering should i apply that first and than apply hybrid ceramic liquid wax on top of it? Also is there any benefit letting the hybrid ceramic liquid wax dry for more than 3-5min like the directions say? Does HCLW have to be cured for 24hrs before exposing it to rain? Can you use HCLW on headlights to help with fading and yellowing since it has uv protectant?

Re: Questions about Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic liquid Wax

Originally posted by Ilovecleancars View Post
    I like to use Meguair's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax and im wondering should i apply that first and than apply hybrid ceramic liquid wax on top of it? Also is there any benefit letting the hybrid ceramic liquid wax dry for more than 3-5min like the directions say? Does HCLW have to be cured for 24hrs before exposing it to rain? Can you use HCLW on headlights to help with fading and yellowing since it has uv protectant?

You would want the ceramic on top, or only use the ceramic, so you get the benefits of it.

The removal thing is really just for ease of use. Seems like longer than that will be difficult to remove, get streaky, etc. Yes, they do recommend 24hr curing for best results... of course all the wax wont wash off in the rain before that.

And yes, will be ok on headlights.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

So for using the hybrid ceramic liquid wax on the headlights is it best to put the Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax first than HCLW? I asked meguiars on Facebook and they said this: You can definitely do so! As it would help with better durability.

Comment

I feel as i should have cleaned, polished, and just applied the hybrid ceramic liquid wax on the headlights and skipped putting the Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax because i dont feel like i would be getting the full benefit of hclw as its sitting on top of wax?

Comment

Well, headlights do get hot... the ceramic only might be more heat resistant... but yes, they can be layered as well. What you are really trying to do is protect the coating that comes on the plastic.

It is hard to say with these new products as far as layering... the M27 will want to have the surface wiped clean of oils/waxes before use. I guess the hybrid ones are somewhere in the middle, but might last a bit better on their own.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');