• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be used to agitate dirt/grease in tight corners under the hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be used to agitate dirt/grease in tight corners under the hood?

Using a q-tip kind of works. I feel like if there was something like a really small brush with strong bristles on its head rather than its sides that would be perfect.

Re: What can be used to agitate dirt/grease in tight corners under the hood?

What are your favorite Detail Tools under $1

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...m+makeup+wedge

Comment

It sounds like the tiny brush to clean your brothers electric shaving heads would work.
      I think his will work better than yours or mine.

Comment

I have a couple of these for interior use... might not be as stiff as you want, but maybe.

Large Multi-Purpose Brush - Wheels, interior, exterior, paint you find a purpose, weve got the brush! Large Multi-Purpose Brush is as versatile a detail brush as you can imagine. The soft, synthetic bristles are clear-coat safe and perfect for ...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Paint brush with the bristles cut short.

Comment

I had some good results with the quilted cotton squares and the qtips. Surprisingly, the wedges weren't as useful. I found them too squishy to move stuck on elements off but they were good for absorbing liquids. The cotton squares were also surprisingly good for absorbing liquids in tight spaces.

I just sprayed my cleaner and then agitated and then I put the squares down in the area and they picked up a good amount of released gunk.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');