• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start?

I have a 2006 Tacoma which is hardly ever driven and sits in hot sun all day long. As you can see from the photos (as soon as I can figure out how to import from my album) it has been neglected but still washed and waxed occasionally. Before it gets any worse and really needs to be taken into a shop I thought I would try getting rid of as much problems as I could.

Where do I start. Should I wet sand the really bad areas and try to use compound and the others? I have a Porter Cable DA 7346, orange, yellow and black pads, Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish as well as Meguiars 82 polish.

Re: Where do I start?

g[/img]

Comment

Comment

That is clear coat failure. Only way to repair it is a repaint.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

You might check with your local Community Colleges to see if they offer an automotive refinishing class. You might be able to use this as your "project". However, Coronavirus is likely putting a damper on classes at the College Shop.

North OC Regional Occupation Program has Automotive Collision classes, yet I don't know about Automotive Refinishing classes.

Comment

Thanks, I was afraid it would need to be repainted and as far as colleges...maybe after election they will open back up.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');