Can someone recommend me the full kit for new vehicle detail?

Thread: Can someone recommend me the full kit for new vehicle detail?

Can someone recommend me the full kit for new vehicle detail?

I have dabbled in the past with clay and the ultimate wax and even carnauba but its been a while. Tomorrow the wife and I are picking up 2 new Jeep Wranglers and I want to start them both out right.

I see a new product since the last time I was into this, the ceramic clay kit and wax. Would this be a good start? if so what else should I order? Anything recommended for the outside of the glass? If it matters I do have a porter cable orbital to use also.

Thanks

Re: Can someone recommend me the full kit for new vehicle detail?

You might at least want some paint polishing liquids around, like Ultimate Compound, and (especially in your situation) Ultimate Polish. Grab the full assortment of Meguiar's foam and microfiber discs - they all work great with the Ultimate line, and you never know what you might run into.

As far as the clay kit, go for the traditional Smooth Surface Clay Kit if you are going to polish and wax/sealing the paint. If not, and you want a quick decon/seal, than the Ceramic Clay Kit can get you up and running.

I polish glass with Ultimate Compound and a machine polisher, and seal with RainX.

Quote Originally Posted by drumdan View Post
    You might at least want some paint polishing liquids around, like Ultimate Compound, and (especially in your situation) Ultimate Polish. Grab the full assortment of Meguiar's foam and microfiber discs - they all work great with the Ultimate line, and you never know what you might run into.

As far as the clay kit, go for the traditional Smooth Surface Clay Kit if you are going to polish and wax/sealing the paint. If not, and you want a quick decon/seal, than the Ceramic Clay Kit can get you up and running.

I polish glass with Ultimate Compound and a machine polisher, and seal with RainX.
    Thank you will do then. I assume the ultimate compound scratch and swirl with the cutting and finishing grade microfiber dics are what you were meaning or are those to harsh for a new vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadT View Post
    Thank you will do then. I assume the ultimate compound scratch and swirl with the cutting and finishing grade microfiber dics are what you were meaning or are those to harsh for a new vehicle?
    It sort of depends on what condition they give you the cars in. Hopefully just some Ult. Polish would be needed. (with clay if needed).

If they are in real good condition, and just need some polish and wax wiped around, going by hand wouldnt be so bad.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Thread Information