• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Query: Pinball Playfield Correction and Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Query: Pinball Playfield Correction and Protection

This is a serious query I've been having a hard time finding an answer to, and I hope this is the correct section as this is not for an automobile.

Modern Pinball playfields are a mixture of clearcoat and plastic inserts.

I've been having a hard time finding innovation in this care segment as the same products have been used for years (Novus 1/2 & Mill Wax Pinball Machine Playfield Wax and Cleaner)

Pinball machine playfields are different from car paint because you are constantly hammering the surface with pinball travel and bounces, and electric coils and rubbers are constantly feeding and leaving their remnants on the playfield.
    Freshly waxed machines also play much faster (harder) than machines that have been sitting.

• What's a modern solution for pinball playfields?
    • What should I expect with something SiO2 based on the PF (playfield) like M788 or a ceramic protectant?

Note that while I've attached a photo of a playfield getting prepped at a factory, normal playfield waxing isn't done with stripped (rampless and featureless) playfields.

More Holograms than the USS Enterprise
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');