• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch - Where's the safety line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch - Where's the safety line?

I've recently returned to auto detailing and just bought a fresh gallon of LT. Of all products, quick detailers were the most controversial even about 12 years ago, and I've forgotten just how much dust is ok to use LT with vs when it needs to just be washed with the 2 bucket method... This is of course talking about when LT is properly diluted 1:1 as the label says.

I watched this video recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA6w5mlGZrI it would be interesting to get your take on his opinion here, but to summarize him: He's saying that quick detailers such as LT should not be used between washes but only after washes due to the risk to cause swirling.

However, he does not specifically use LT. In my past, I didn't have as much reason to use LT for much other than claying. But currently, I'm more motivated to get away with LT for light dust because I have limited washing space and a much larger vehicle I'm working on now.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Last Touch - Where's the safety line?

Yeah, it still kind of is.

But if you have been out for a while, you may want to look at the waterless wash products. They are meant for heavier dirt.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Last Touch - Where's the safety line?

Its just easier to wash.
      Most waterless washes are like using neat shampoo... In the UK at least, they dont really work due to the amount of mud and salt.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');