• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate liquid wax is not lasting more than 1 month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate liquid wax is not lasting more than 1 month

Hello everyone.

Hope you are doing well.

I have been using Meguiar's ultimate liquid wax for 3 months now. The wax has been applied by hand after paint decontamination and correction with a DA and allow to cure for 24 hours.

I have noticed that on some panels the wax is gone away after 1 month, no more water beading.

The wax is applied following the instructions on the box; applied with the foam applicator pad in circular motion and wipe off after 5 mins. Am I doing something wrong ? Or is the longevity of the wax about 1 to 3 months only ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
    Wakeel

Re: Ultimate liquid wax is not lasting more than 1 month

outside of no water beading...does the panel sheet water? is the panel flooded with water? Does the car sit outside 24/7?

Comment

Originally posted by twisty roads View Post
      outside of no water beading...does the panel sheet water? is the panel flooded with water? Does the car sit outside 24/7?
      Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

No the panel does not sheet water, the water stick to the panel. And yes the panel was flooded during maintenance wash with a ph neutral shampoo.

During the day the car remains in a covered parking and in the weekend and at night in a covered garage.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
      Wakeel

Comment

how often do you wash and with what?
        do you use quik wax as a drying aid?

Comment

all waxes/sealants/coating longevity is dependent on a proper decon and IPA wipe down/surface prep to ensure maximum longevity. I would say that Ultimate Wax typically lasts between 1-3 month in most real world applications but since your car is covered during the day/night, you should be getting closer to 5-6 months. Its hard to say but if the panel is flooded then I would say that the Ultimate Wax has been lost (in terms of its hydrophobic properties). You may want to look into something like the new Ceramic Liquid Wax which has a little longer life span/durability

Comment

Id use clay, tfr or a wax stripper then reapply. Is also get a ph neutral shampoo like nxt 2. Sounds like you need to decontaminate rather than change products.... Unless you bought a fake

Comment

Well, I think you just use it wrong. Or it was a fake wax.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthantsPete View Post
                how often do you wash and with what?
                do you use quik wax as a drying aid?
                The car is wshed once per week with Mr Pink or Wash and Wax and no quick wax was not used.

Similar behaviours have been noticed on some of our clients cars, on some cars the wax lasted about 2 months max.

Thanks for your help

Comment

What type of environment are you in? That will impact the durability of any form of protection.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    What type of environment are you in? That will impact the durability of any form of protection.
                    Hi,

I'm in Mauritius, we are at the end of winter, temperature around 22 to 25 degree celcius, rain about twice per week and humidity moderate

Comment

How bad is the salt in the air on that small island?

Comment

Originally posted by Waksando View Post
                        Hi,

I'm in Mauritius, we are at the end of winter, temperature around 22 to 25 degree celcius, rain about twice per week and humidity moderate
                        Road grime could be masking the performance of ULW with all that rain.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');