• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UC vs UP vs Scratch 2.0 and DA speeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC vs UP vs Scratch 2.0 and DA speeds?

Hi all

I am in the process of purchasing a DA (12mm throw) as well as some Lake Country SDO pads (Megs pads are very hard to get here in AUS) for use on my black car.

The car is a black Hyundai Nline 1.6T and i believe the car to have soft paint. I could be wrong (like i am with most things in life), but from what i can tell the paint seems soft.

The pads i am buying are a few of the black (finishing) and some orange (polishing - intermediate).

From what i can see swirling is minor to moderate. Car is only 10 months old and the dealer didn't touch it and its been hand polished a couple times. I am also quite vigilant with my washing process.

My questions revolve around which product/pad/speed to use.

Product/Pad

From other posts on here it seems that for order of aggression the products go UP - Scratch 2.0 - UC. I have all these products at my disposal.

I was going to start with UP/Black pad then move to UP/Orange and then make my way up in product aggression along the same pad pathway.

Does this sound about right? I know UP is very minor in terms of aggression but it does contain some correction ability and matched with the right pad it may just remove some light swirls?

If i have to use Scratch 2.0 - can this product be used on the whole car (it seems to be marketed as a spot correction product) and is it likely i'll have to then finish off on UP or does Scratch 2.0 finish up nice enough on its own?

DA Speed

In terms of speed I've not really found much info around this. The machine i have has the following specs i think: Speeds 1-6 (
    2500-5500/rpm)

In a general sense would the below assumptions be correct?

Wax: 2-3
    Polish/finishing: 3-4.5
    Correction:4.5 - 6

Therefore, if Im trying to get some correction out of the UP/Scratch 2.0 i'd hit that with 4-5 and see how that goes at maybe 3-4 section passes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: UC vs UP vs Scratch 2.0 and DA speeds?

Stick with the ultimate twins. Most of your questions can be answered here.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: UC vs UP vs Scratch 2.0 and DA speeds?

Thanks, have seen it before. Provides some good info though.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');