• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First black vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First black vehicle

I said to myself I'd never own one but here I am with a black 2020 Ram 1500 EcoD Limited.

I've begun using Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray and have a few questions.

Can I/Should I use the spray after a weekly wash or is that too often?

Is there any advantage to using the Ceramic Liquid wax periodically?

As we move closer to the winter/salty months, is there another product I should use before the snow hits the road for better protection during the winter?

Thanks
    Bill

Re: First black vehicle

Generally, you would want to use the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax (yellow bottle) after you do some sort of deep cleaning/polishing, etc.

And then the HC Spray Wax (blue bottle) or HC Detailer (green bottle) after regular washes, or for removing bird droppings, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks, So using the HC spray wax weekly after washing with Ultimate car wash and wax wont cause buildup. I had always thought that detailing sprays were for touch up cleanup but lately I've been seeing folks recommend doing the entire vehicle after washing to add sheen.

I like the HC Wax because applying it so so effortless but I'm unsure of how much protectant it really provides.

Comment

Thanks, So using the HC spray wax weekly after washing with Ultimate car wash and wax wont cause buildup.
        If you get a buildup, you'll be the first.

The only thing I would say is that the Wash and Wax with the HC Spray would be fighting each other a bit.

You really want the ceramic to build up the ceramic... so maybe looking at Gold Class soap or similar. And then just keeping the Wash and Wax around for emergencies...

I had always thought that detailing sprays were for touch up cleanup but lately I've been seeing folks recommend doing the entire vehicle after washing to add sheen.
        Yeah, the detailing sprays are for bird dropping, etc first. They dont have as much lubrication as a proper soap for a dirty car. But these days the detail sprays are getting more additives / protection in them, so they are good for a final wipe down while drying.

I like the HC Wax because applying it so so effortless but I'm unsure of how much protectant it really provides.
        Yeah, it is hard to tell, but after applying, at least the water seems to run off differently, so I guess means something is staying there. Esp if you are using it often.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just literally went out to the truck with the intention of washing it, or at least hosing it down since we had drizzle this morning and I was driving on wet roads. Somewhat disappointed I came back in and sat down by the computer. My truck is still clean. I didn't notice this performance after the first two rinse off Meguiar's Ceramic Hybrid Spray applications but after the third application a week or so ago the truck is really staying free from all sorts of dirt and spots.

I'm pretty happy with this stuff

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');