• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing my G220 V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing my G220 V2

Hi guys,

As a long time Megs user here in the UK.

Interested to hear what machine you guys are now using? I had the G220 V1 and still have my V2.

Have lots of Megs pads & various backing plates.

Curious to hear if Megs have a new DA coming out soon? Ideally, I would like to stay with Megs as already have lots of there products.

Thanks,

Rappy.

Re: Replacing my G220 V2

Meguiar's introduced a new polisher a few years ago. In the states it is the MT300.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz, long time no speak

Was looking at Rupes & Flex, but thinking of getting the MT320 here in the UK.

Does the new machine still have the cord issue, like the V1?
      Last edited by rapport25; Sep 24, 2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Rupes or Flex. They are an upgrade over the G220 or the MT320 in your case. If you could swing it I would pick up one of those over the Meguiar's tool.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks.

My issue is on curved panels I have heard they are not so good. As I detail mainly sports cars, curves are on 90% of the panels.

Was looking at Rupes LHR15 mark 3. Ok for my 5" Megs Pads, but not my 3" flex pads.

On Detailing World, there is a guy who has machined a backing plate for a 3" pad on the Rupes.

Guz, what machine/s do you use & what pad combo?

My G220v2 is still working & touch wood, will be my back up machine.
          Last edited by rapport25; Sep 25, 2020, 03:49 AM.

Comment

With the right technique and learning the tool that is not an issue. I have a 15 mark II. I have an MT300 that has had the power cord replaced twice and that no longer gets use. I recently sold my Rupes 3" machine and purchased the Flex PXE 80 which is great as a 3 inch machine.

I use the Rupes yellow foam pad, I also own their new wool pads, Meguiar's microfiber and Americana Global for foam cutting.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz, that's a big help

My friend has various cordless Flex tools, but I prefer the look & feel of the 15. Mark II is a great price here in the UK. Not a lot between the II or the III apart from the price.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');